Thread: Which speakers do people recommend

Which speakers do people recommend

Ok so I just started DJing. Was using a ddj200 with splitter cable and my beats beat box. Just purchased a herc 500.

What speakers have people used/have feedback on up to £150

Speakers like mackie cr4, yonyx 40s, alesis elevate 5 etc

I have not used any of these you named, I do have a pair of Fostex PM0.4's which I like but they don't have hardly any bass to speak of, and I think you are going to have the same experience with a lot of these other 4 inch monitors. If it is possible to increase your budget slightly for a pair of budget 5 inch monitors I think you will be happy you did. The Mackie CR5 is only a little bit more expensive than the 4 but goes a lot lower in the bass. They STILL won't be bass monsters but at least you will get SOME bottom. Not so with the CR4.

TBH the real selection of decent home monitors starts at around double your current budget.. but conveniently, used speakers typically sell for not much more than half new price So if second-hand is an option for you, you might want to look at some 5/6 inch monitor speakers that sold for 250-300/pair new that would be in your range at second-hand price.