Thread: wheelchair accessible furniture

Question wheelchair accessible furniture

hello,
    i am not 100% sure where this post should be. please feel free to move it to the correct forum.
    Anyways I am looking at new setup following a house move and having to use a wheelchair more often than not.

Does anyone have any information or links on a European wheelchair accessible deck stand?
    it should accommodate a Reloop Elite + 2 x RP-8000 MK2,
    i will also have access to 2 x Technics 1200 mk 2, a Reloop RMX60, a Denon DNS 3500 & a Roland SP 404 sampler when i can get it shipped over from the UK, I currently have a stand for this setup

On a different note or maybe a different thread, what are the general opinions' of the Reloop Elite + 2 x RP-8000 MK2 as i used to be vinyl and cd DJ only. I do tend to skratch alot and this my first dive into DVS.
    Any suggestions would appreciated.
    Thanks
    DJ Slowbridge

Welcome to DJF, DJ Slowbridge. I hope that members are able to answer both of your core questions.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I dunno...something like a Bekant Ikea desk? It can raise and lower to the desired setting. May be more or less expensive than you need. Any hardware shop can provide the supplies to screw together a desk that will exactly fit your needs.

The Reloop looks fine. It has an Innofader and looks ergonomic enough. Reloop has never been a "quality" brand, although it did do one line of OEM-style turntables that held their weight - the 8000s seem to be an evolution of this. All the digital stuff like the mixer is made out in China by various suppliers, anyway, so I see no reason why it is better/worse than anything else on the market these days.

All the best dealing with your disability, respect!
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Welcome aboard,

I'm not sure about the answer to your specific requirements, especially in your case: what height do you need for access, and then, that you have a lot of gear coming so you will need probably 2 stands.

Have a little browse on Thomann, see if that gives you any ideas, https://www.thomann.de/gb/dj_desks_furniture.html

Myself personally I use a studio desk.
    This one specifically. (Except mine has a pull-out keyboard shelf under the main shelf.)
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Studio-...00000019697.gc

But if I was to buy a new one again it would be something like this.
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stag...74115029341.gc

I wasn't using a wheelchair back when I bought my desk.
    I have my equiqment in a coffin on the main shelf, a desktop PC on the bottom shelf, the PC monitor and the studio monitors are on the top shelf. (I also have stereo equipment mounted in the racks for my hi-fi.)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Otherwise, you can go custom. The old cinder blocks/or other blocks + wood plank carved, cut and adjusted at whatever size/height you need. I run that sort of strategy in here for my main desk, my cut to size plank of wood is rested on two speakers at perfect height to my size. It's cheaper, it's more efficient and of course it's always more suited for your needs. Plus it does look cool.

Like I said you have quite a bunch of gear coming your way, have you considered a setup that is 90 degrees around you, sort of V-shaped or U-shaped for improved access?

:edit: that said I can't comment on the reloops, I haven't tried them. I guess I probably wouldn't like them because I'm such a 1200/1210 fanboy like that. The real question is how you feel comfortable with it and if you pull off what you intend to pull out of the turntable. The old saying in DjForums that has stuck in for a long time is all about, it's not about what the equipment you have, it's what you do with it. Happy mixing.
    Last edited by Manu; 07-29-2021 at 01:07 PM.