Thread: Missing Song Parts

Missing Song Parts

Hello. Beginner DJ here. I recently began using Serato DJ Lite with the Numark Party Mix controller. I've run into an issue with a few songs. When the audio is played through the Party Mix, certain songs are missing tracks. For example, "24k Magic" has no drums and "Hooked on a Feeling" is missing the lead vocal. When I play the songs in Serato through my laptop speakers they are fine. So, the Party Mix seems to be the culprit. I"m guessing it has something to do with how the audio data is transmitted through the USB? Does anyone have any ideas, or know of a way to fix this?

It sounds to me like you're using the wrong type of cable somewhere. What you're describing usually happens when left and right are summed in an inproper way. What are you using to listen to from the Party Mix and what cables do you use to hook it up?

It happens when I have my headphones plugged into the Party Mix and when I have the audio output sent to my mixer and speakers. The only cable to the Party Mix is the USB cable that comes with the unit. I don't know a lot about how audio data is transmitted through USB. So, I"m not sure if it's something to do with my USB port, something with the audio file, or something with the Party Mix.

That is indeed strange if that's the case, since audio through USB is just 1s and 0s and it either works or it don't.
    I'm thinking there might be some setting in Serato that's not correct, or maybe some setting in the controller driver.