Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding speaker system for backyard and small parties

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    The problem with PA tops in this situation is that sure, they can go loud.. but despite their large size, they don't go very deep.. so the bass isn't as satisfying as one might like. You can eq the bass up a bit, but the fact is that if a speaker is tuned to roll off at 60-70 Hz, you are not going bring that bass back.. whereas a speaker that is designed for personal listening can afford to tune lower, even if it means they won't be able to go quite so loud.
    Exactly this,

I run a hire business and have a pile of Party box 310's. They are VERY popular with your average party holder as not only are they fairly loud(roll off is below 50hz-I think JBL say 45hz and it sure sounds like it) but they run ALL DAY on battery at 50% volume with one notch of bass boost. They even stand mount and have surprisingly good sound. I was quite skeptical that they would be any good but I love them as do the public. You can run the whole thing wirelessly too(Bluetooth to speaker, bluetooth between two speakers(their TWS) AND on battery) with some lighting thrown in. Can even add wireless mics with wireless receiver and the WHOLE thing has zero cables.

For a house party, two on poles with a small smoke machine and one or two other lights, you've got a pretty loud party that suits basically most people.

I have a pair of EV zx1-90 satellite speakers for sale in the classified section that mount wonderfully, are loud and crisp. Great for small parties. Only caveat, is add a subwoofer of your choice! I'm asking 300 plus shipping for the pair. They are passive so you need an amp. Remember its not about watts... a more efficient system is going to sound louder and better and stronger than something cheaper with more watts. Id put EV up there with QSC.

I recently purchased a small Gemini LRX-448 Portable Line Array PA System With 12" Subwoofer. My QSC K212C and K10.2's are too much for small backyards. The Gemini system sound is GREAT for small backyards. Lightweight and super easy to carry and set up, plus it looks really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ PR1MO View Post
    I recently purchased a small Gemini LRX-448 Portable Line Array PA System With 12" Subwoofer. My QSC K212C and K10.2's are too much for small backyards. The Gemini system sound is GREAT for small backyards. Lightweight and super easy to carry and set up, plus it looks really cool!
    Wait. The K212C and K10.2s are too much for small backyards? Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are they too inconvenient to setup and transport?

I would think that the K212C and K10.2s are perfect for most events under 150 people - backyards included. I want to better understand what would justify buying an additional setup.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...