Thread: Photo Booth

Photo Booth

Have any of you guys added a photo booth to your services? If so, how has it been working out for you? I'm looking into giving it a try and would like any advice and feed back from anyone who actually owns and operates one.

thread moved to mobile

I understand that you said you wanted to hear from people who actually own & operate a PB but, I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in as a side note if you dont mind.

I thought about getting into it a few years back when they were just coming out & were a hot item. In my area (deep south U. S.), I have seen the idea fall off in interest gradually over the years. Fortunately, my business decision not to get into it was a good decision. I decided that if any of my clients wanted a PB, I'd either recommend a couple of business's that I had worked with along the way or just simply sub-contract their services as an additional item like lighting etc. The problem with that is, you either have to hold off getting a quote for your client or be familiar enough with the PB owner to know how he prices his services & give your client a quote on the spot.

In general though, here in my area, I have seen the idea fall off a lot. In my opinion, they have just lost their spark. They aren't nearly as popular as they were 10 years ago.

Hope this is helpful... good luck.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks for the response. What got me thinking about it is recently I was trying to find one for our daughters Sweet 16 party. I know a photographer who has one and adds it to his services as an up sale but his was booked already. So I went onto google and searched for photo booths in my area. Found a few companies and reached out to all of them but only had two respond back. The others appear to be shut down. I booked with one of them and while meeting with him to sign the contract I asked how business was going and he said great. He's been non stop busy since everything reopened. Said he's having several events every week, he owns multiple photo booths. And that's when the thinking started.

I don't DJ, I messed round with it just at home and still have equipment for my backyard BBQ's at home. But one of my buddies DJ's and been doing it for a long time. He has a lot of other friends who DJ and they all work together to help each other out. I asked him what's his thoughts on opening a photo booth business in our area and he said there is not enough of them and he knows a lot of people to help spread the word and honestly feels like it would spread like wild fire once up and running.

I like the idea of it and I'm off every single weekend from work so would just be a little side hustle but would like to speak with someone who's in the business. There are different types of booths and want to figure out which would be the best one to purchase first to see how it goes. I'm curious on which is the most requested booth that people want to rent.

I'd say most of the people I know who have them, are single op owners. That's what they do. In other words, they don't DJ either. If you have the money to put into it, it couldn't hurt to try it. If business really is that good in Texas, it may very well be worth investing in it.

Best of luck my friend.....
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks man, time will tell how this pans out for me. I still have tons of research to do and get a game plan in place before purchasing any of the equipment.

They seem to be really popular in London and surrounding counties. 80% of the weddings I DJ at have them.
    Fizz and Groove All day wedding DJ

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT View Post
    Thanks man, time will tell how this pans out for me. I still have tons of research to do and get a game plan in place before purchasing any of the equipment.
    Some clients want this type of service, others do not. For the guys that offer it and the client base that want it great. It's not a service I would ever consider offering. Not throwing cold water on this for you as there are DJ service that offer PB and clients that want it.

What I'm saying is figure out what services you want to offer and package it up and get busy.

I chose to include uplighting in my package. Truss lighting, movers, lasers, mirror ball, projectors, wash lights and a good uplighting system with 56 battery wireless fixtures and 8x stick lights, spotlight, plus wireless mic for toasts, etc. The package takes 60-90 minutes to setup on average with 3 guys. I don't want to haul any more gear around and explain my setup to customers and there are those the my system fits. Emphasis on the dancing and show - music and lighting.
    Last edited by SWS Productions; 08-13-2022 at 10:47 PM.