Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume control for single RCF subwoofer

Question Volume control for single RCF subwoofer

Just for kicks,I decided to move my Benchmark DAC1 USB from my computer listening room to my 'main' rig downstairs.
    I have the sub hooked up in the usual way..XLR>Denon>RCF>Mains. Before the change I could control the sub output volume from the Denon via it's tone controls......but now with the DAC1,I have no separate control for the sub other than volume for both mains and sub.

My listening room is not the best for acoustics,lots of drywall,so some songs require either more or less bass,so I have to get up from my listening chair and either manually move the volume control on the sub up or down and sit back down and hear if I need more or less bass.

I would like some kind of separate sub woofer controller.
    I am currently using my Oppo Blu-ray player as a CD transport,which is plugged into the Benchmark via digital co-ax.
    Hope you can help.Thanks,Huck50
    Last edited by Huck50; 07-04-2021 at 08:11 AM.

thread moved to mixers

Question Best way to hook up a single powered RCF 902AS subwoofer

Hi:
    Currently I am using a Denon DN-X500 mixer with Yamaha DXR8 powered speakers and a RCF 902AS powered sub.My hookup for the sub goes from the R/L xlr outputs on the Denon to the X-over R/L in on the RCF and from there to my Yamaha's.
    I now will changing out the Denon mixer for a more conventional solid state pre-amp,this being a Parasound P-6.This pre-amp has XLR outputs,plus an XLR out for a separate subwoofer output,plus RCA l/r for two more subs with cross-overs and separate volume control...now for the best sound out of this RCF sub,which is the better of the two ways (soundwise) I can hook this sub up...instead of the XLR outs going to the sub,then to the Yammie's,with the new set-up XLR outs on P-6 would be going directly to the Yammie's and sub out on the P-6 to the RCF....now I have bass and treble for the speakers and a separate control and x-over for the sub through the P-6. Hope someone can advice on hooking this sub up.All this in my 'man cave'.Thanks.
    Last edited by Huck50; 07-07-2021 at 06:12 PM.

The connection method you use won't make any difference to sound quality, a separate sub output just gives you some additional control which may or may not be helpful.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    The connection method you use won't make any difference to sound quality, a separate sub output just gives you some additional control which may or may not be helpful.
    Thanks! I will try both ways once I get it. H50

I found a Parasound P6 that will do the job.Thanks everyone!

LOL Nice. Expensive but nice. I have something similar on an Arcam amp, you can remote control the sub level with it.

Question Which cross-over setting on RCF 902AS sub..80HZ or 120HZ for tighter bass

Hi:
    I am running a pair of Yamaha DXR8 tops and (x-over is OFF) with the signal coming from a RCF 902AS subwoofer...sub x-over is set at 80HZ,so would I get tighter bass or more bass if I switched to a 120HZ x-over on sub? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    LOL Nice. Expensive but nice. I have something similar on an Arcam amp, you can remote control the sub level with it.
    Yeah...not sure if I should be going through the sub x-over on the P6 or go straight through the x-over on the RCF??....which would give me the best adjustability and sound quality?Thanks.
    Last edited by Huck50; 07-08-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Which of the two inputs on the RCF 902AS subwoofer do I use when running a single cable from my P6 XLR Sub Out,or do I use a XLR "Y"splitter(2 into 1) into both RFC inputs and one part of the "Y" to(from) pre-amp Sub Out?Thanks.
    Last edited by Huck50; 07-09-2021 at 10:44 AM.