Thread: More Bass

More Bass

I recently purchased the Rockville RPG2X15 pa system. But it lacks the low end bass I want. The system lacks additional connections for any other speakers aside for the two passive speakers that come with the kit and one 1/4" line out. Has anyone else added a sub to this setup. Can I go with a passive sub with a 1/4" input, or go with a powered sub? Or should I go out the 1/4" line out to and additional mixer and connect to that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried reaching out directly to manufacturer, and always get stuck on hold and the line dies.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by firstresponder251 View Post
    I recently purchased the Rockville RPG2X15 pa system. But it lacks the low end bass I want. The system lacks additional connections for any other speakers aside for the two passive speakers that come with the kit and one 1/4" line out. Has anyone else added a sub to this setup. Can I go with a passive sub with a 1/4" input, or go with a powered sub? Or should I go out the 1/4" line out to and additional mixer and connect to that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried reaching out directly to manufacturer, and always get stuck on hold and the line dies.

From the marketing description your mixer has:

2 Speaker outputs and line output to connect a subwoofer or more speakers

You will need a powered sub, or another amp/sub.

Thats what I figured, just seeing if anyone else had done this and what the outcome was. Appreciate it.

Passive or active sub.

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Like was mentioned; get a powered sub. I just picked up a small sub for home use and it makes a world of difference.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,