Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standalone controllers - track comments?

Ok, so now we have established that you fitted a replacement battery and that you have a battery and/or a battery driver issue.

I really don't see a point to go back to CDs.
    I have a ton and a half of music on CD that is not available to buy anywhere digitally. The CDJ appellation is a name, and does not just play CDs. CDJs can play CDs, USB drives, hard drives, interlink with each other, link with a computer etc.

Thank you for telling me that I am wasting my time, the point of forums is to double check for every other factor so to give the most relevant advice. I cannot possibly find out if it's the case or not, until you lay down all the parameters.

If your primary question is ''Can I type track details into standalone controllers?", then there's the user manual accessible online:

https://cdn.rekordbox.com/files/2020..._manual_EN.pdf

And other things such as youtube videos.

Thanks for this video, I'll check it. I watched many of them but didn't find this info about the comments. And yes I know CDJs play other media that's why I said - if I'm already playing digital tracks, standalone seems logical, because, in other words, the only reason for using CDJs would be CDs. And I ripped all of my CD's already, to reduce the size of stuff. I didn't mean to offend you, just pointed that tweaking PC is not the topic/the issue. Thanks again

It's the trend it seems.. at one point finding a car CD player was difficult when they were largely replaced by USB media players.

But it's more of the consumer-end of the market. The professional audio didn't catch up until very recently and a DVS or a controller with a laptop was the only viable option (maybe because USB drive size was too small to be useful, think 128/256/512mb) but those media bays equipped with hard-drives have been around for a while.

The 2nd hand market for used CD players (mainly CDJs) has been excellent since.

Also, with digital files you should check the regional license(s) policy unless you already haven't.

Is there anyone who actually has a standalone controller and can answer the question that I actually asked?

Thanks in advance

I normally use a controller/laptop setup, but I'm making a move into a Denon Prime standalone and their Engine OS ecosystem, with the unit arriving later this week.

Not sure about Pioneer standalone and comments/searching. However, I have already imported a good chunk of my music libraries from various sources into the Engine DJ 2.0 format using Denon's free Windows Engine DJ software, and have been preparing my tracks in advance of getting the unit.

The Engine DJ software DOES allow you to edit and search by Comments, and according to the Engine OS manual, so does the onboard device OS.

Don't know if this helps, if you're looking at Pioneer exclusively, but I thought I would throw it out there.