Thread: Any legal way to post mixes on Youtube and facebook?

Any legal way to post mixes on Youtube and facebook?

Far as I was told a while back posting mixes on youtube and facebook is illegal, I don't know if the TOS has changed, any ideas please?

Thx. So that tells me that it's still NO, a DJ or anyone should not create a mix and post it even though many are doing it.

I suggest you subscribe to Mixcloud Pro. "We identify the music you play and pay royalties on your behalf."

Be careful if you post mixes on YouTube. If you get three copyright strikes you'll lose your channel.

Uploading Mixes on youtube illegal??

Quote Originally Posted by mystical View Post
    Thx. So that tells me that it's still NO, a DJ or anyone should not create a mix and post it even though many are doing it.
    So strange cause I see mix after mix from the same DJ on youtube. DJ Lady Style and DJ Jordan Lee have over 10 videos each. I really don't understand this. Need to find more information for sure!

Issa no. Some DJ's have embedded a high-pitched almost inaudible noise into their mix videos and it does appear to trick some of the software, but sounds like a lot of trouble when I looked into it.

FB, IG, etc. do have some sort of hookup with ASCAP/BMI to allow up to 15second clips, but that's it. So if you mix it up every 15 seconds, then you're good. If not, software algorithm will find you and delete you.

In the United States (at least) copyright laws still do not allow for your to broadcast copyrighted music to the masses whenever/wherever you want without an ASCAP/BMI license. And Mobile DJ's at least, cannot get such a license. Mostly the venue has to get the license, and in the case of virtual - it wouldn't matter if you yourself got a license or not, the 'venue' is facebook/ig/etc. and unless they get the full license, you'll never be able to do it fully. I dislike FB and Zuck, but for once, this truly is not their fault. Copyright laws.
    - jj -

Wow excellent information good to know thanks!