Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixars Duo Mkii - Issue

Mixars Duo Mkii - Issue

Good Day Everyone,

I just bought a Mixars Duo used from Guitar Center. It's a great mixer for what I am looking for. I'm hoping someone here still has one and can tell me something is wrong with my mixer.

I set it up without a problem. The sound is amazing through the monitors, and this is where the problem pops up. When I am streaming or recording a mix, I have no control over the audio on either channel. So In other words, I can't lower or raise the volume on either channel - for streaming and recording purposes - and the crossfader has no effect on this. Also, audio will be played together if I have music being played on both channels.

So please tell me it's a problem with my mixer and not something that all of these mixers do, because if it's something that all these mixers do, then that's pretty dumb. Lol

Thanks, looking forward to the feedback.

What outputs are you using?

Some outputs (like the record-outs) are not affected by the stuff you do on the mixer.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    What outputs are you using?

Some outputs (like the record-outs) are not affected by the stuff you do on the mixer.
    For example, I have the USB plugged right into my laptop, and I am streaming on Twitch, so in OBS the line in shows no adjustments in volume, and I also have used the master out directly to the laptop via RCA jacks with the same results. Conversely, when I use my Controller - DDJ SX2, either one of these connections will give me control of the volume and such as it should be.

And the Line In is picked up as the Mixers name as the source in OBS
    I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong. Let me show the connections. 20210520_191622.jpg

Firstly: I think I can guess the issue. The USB output is for sending control signal for Serato or whatever. So it is just taking both inputs and sending them through for tracking by Serato. You have your record input on your laptop set to USB. Also when you have plugged the master in via RCA you haven't changed the input on the laptop to RCA. You DDJ SX2 is probably set up to send mixes to PCs directly over USB, rather than just sending control signal for Serato.

Secondly:
    Check your laptop can take stereo RCA 3.5mm inputs. A lot of modern laptops (unless you have something fancy) have just one 3.5mm input (headphone/mic). Which will cover a stereo set of headphones on the output and a mono (ugh) mic for input. Like your earbuds with inline mic. Not suitable for stereo input from a mixer. If so, you will need a soundcard to input stereo music from your mixer.

So, thirdly, how can we go about getting your fine mixes out into listenerland:

Well, you could just keep it as simple as possible.

You have a master and record out on RCA stereo jack outputs.
    These should both output the same thing - your mix.

Get a RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. Costs a few of your earth-dollars from Jeff Bezos.
    Go from your mixer to your laptop 3.5mm input. Unplug the USB from your mixer to laptop.
    SET THE INPUT TO THE AUDIO LINE IN ON YOU LAPTOP.

Check you can record a set using software like "Audacity".
    Set up your streaming program to take input from the line in.

Let me know if this works.

Lastly I notice you have one XLR balanced output going to....your speaker [?]
    Why are you not using both channels?
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

From Serato website:

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...EB1X3V3ES8M51F

Setting up your Audio Input

You’ll need to tell OBS what audio to capture from your computer. This can be done in the ‘Sources’ tab down the bottom of the application.

Note: The audio captured by Serato DJ Pro or Lite depends on your hardware. Some devices require some extra routing and not all hardware captures microphone or auxiliary inputs. Refer to this article for more information on your specific device - Live Streaming & Laptop Speaker Hardware Limitations

Click the ‘+’ sign in the 'Sources' tab and select 'Audio Input Capture'
    Check ‘Create New’ to add a new device. Again, you can name this what you want.
    Choose the 'Device' you want to receive audio from. This will be the iShowU (Mac), Virtual Audio Cable (Windows) or Serato Virtual Audio (Mac 2.5.5 beta)
    Do a quick line check and make sure your audio is being received by OBS. You should see audio coming into the VU meter in the ‘Audio Mixer’ area of the software.

Ahhhhh thanks for the input. I was working on it last night, and one thing I noticed in OBS was that this mixer shows up as a line in while the SX2 shows up as a Mic. I guess that is how the software is written for each driver. Now what I did notice was that when I plugged the 3.5 to my laptop, it picks it up as a Mic and the audio is crappy. I have just watched a few videos from people showing how to have this Mic in perform as a line in without any extra stuff to buy. I'm at work now, so I am waiting to get home to try it. I will report back.
    But it goes to show that just because the level meter is green, doesn't mean it's making sounds, it's the the feedback I guess. That's a minor thing. But when I was playing with it last night, I got the results I wanted, where the audio was being controlled, so I am a step closer.
    Now why do I only have 1 XLR output, I was just testing it out, I'm in the process of setting everything up properly. I plan to use strictly vinyl, so I just need the Serato for sound effects.

So an update... 2 nights in a row, I went to bed at 3am. Lol.

I have changed drivers, cussed the laptop for not having a LINE IN jack, and got frustrated. Basically I think I have it properly set now, although something in my mind says it's not right, but some audiophiles helped me out with the sound adjustments on the stream. At the end ofthe day , Realtek is crap. I'm good now, but I feel I will invest in a sound card to see if I can get a better sound. I am one of those who tweeks everything. Lol. So if anyone has any good recommendations for an external sound card, please let me know.

Thanks for all the help

You're just about on your way there

Soundcard depends on the budget, but right now I would lean towards a focusrite scarlett or something of that calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    You're just about on your way there

Soundcard depends on the budget, but right now I would lean towards a focusrite scarlett or something of that calibre.
    I actually went with a Behringer UCA222 because it had good reviews and I looked at it and said "I know how this goes together " LOL. The Focus Rite I saw and I could not figure it out, I'm guessing it would be 1/4 jacks to XLR? I saw the other one and saw RCA jacks and said, there we go!

One thing to be aware of is that if you are using Serato to mix with and using the laptop to record your mixes, is that you are forcing the laptop to do two audio things at the same time.
    I'm guessing that this probably isn't an issue on modern laptops, once you have set up the inputs and outputs correctly.

Personally I use one laptop for DVS and one laptop for recording. Just so everything is clean and clear, and the computer cycles are being used for specific jobs, no driver clashes or anything other than will get in the way. Also it means I have the displays showing me what is going on at the same time rather than flicking between recording and DVS programs.
    But then again, I use laptops that are about 15 years old (!), so maybe I'm just old school and too precautious. I could use my modern laptop, but when you got something that does the job, best not to mess with it I guess.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix