Thread: Need Help Streaming From Controller To Iphone

Need Help Streaming From Controller To Iphone

Hi all..

I am in need of your assistance.

I am a beginner DJ which I am using the portable Numark DJ2GO controller, with my laptop and Serato software

The DJ2GO uses 3.5MM output jacks.

I have an iPhone 10XS in which has one Lightning port and no 3.5mm jack.

I wish to stream audio from the 3.5mm output jack of the DJ2GO to the Iphone's Lightning port so that when I do TikTok live streams (or any social media live streams for that matter), that it picks up the audio coming from the DJ2GO via an audio cable.

I tried using a 3.5mm two-ring TRS cable and 3.5MM to iPhone Lightning dongle between DJ2GO and iPhone, but that didn't work.
    I tried using a 3.5mm three-ring TRRS cable and 3.5MM to iPhone Lightning dongle between DJ2GO and iPhone, but that didn't work.
    I tried using a 3.5mm cable that has a two-ring TRS on one end and a three-ring TRRS on the other end and a 3.5mm to iPhone Lightning dongle between DJ2GO and iPhone, but that didn't work.

What kind of cables or adapters am I missing in order to for my iPhone to accept input audio from the DJ2GO controller so that when I live stream on TikTok (or other social media sites) and doesn't pick up audio from the iPhone's built-in microphone?

any help would be much apricated !!!

thx
    Tom

thread moved to beginners

Your iPhone, as it is, is not really meant for the job you are trying to make it do.
    There is a reason why audio professionals do not attempt to use iPhones to stream.
    Any basic try at hooking it up will get mono sound cos the iPhone will think you are using a traditional phone mic [i.e. mono].
    A far easier and reliable method is to get an old computer/laptop and use that as a streaming device. You'll be able to set it with cheap components and...well...people have been doing it reliably for decades.

Looking at it, IOS does accept audio interfaces . But it is a history of jankiness :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-_LiuqiRA

I'm also sure that in order to get it to actually work, Apple will want to buy an app to do it.
    Then whether the app for streaming [tiktok/chinese-military-data-harvester/whatever] will work with your exotic method of connecting a soundcard is probably hit or miss.

Iphones are great at reliable simple interfaces for telephoning, facetiming and imessaging. Apple doesn't want you hacking together systems for doing stuff like streaming through them. They'd much rather you buy a Macbookpro.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    A far easier and reliable method is to get an old computer/laptop and use that as a streaming device. You'll be able to set it with cheap components and...well...people have been doing it reliably for decades.
    This is pretty much what is recommended every time one of these threads pops up. Recently one of my friends gave me yet another old laptop for free. Gave it to my brother who did a full Linux reinstall and the thing is running suitably fast by today's standards.

If you have a compatible mixer or controller, you could try this

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-gb/prod...-app/overview/

I was under the impression that the Numark DJ2GO only had a single mini USB connector (with purpose of being used as an HID, thus only replacing need to use keyboard to interact with DJ software), but that is a whole another matter. Regarding using iPhone as a audio input device, you'd need some type of Lightning audio I/O device along with an iOS app that supports using that hardware.