Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner - Have I Made A Mistake?

Beginner - Have I Made A Mistake?

Having decided to try my hand at vinyl mobile DJ’ing, I’ve been buying some equipment. I recently purchased 2 x PreSonus Eris E8 studio monitors, but I’ve slowly realised that these will probably be unsuitable...I guess the term “studio” should have given me a clue.
    When I started looking for stands for them, I realised that I can’t use tripod-style ones as there’s no hole under the speaker to slot the stand into. Obviously there are stands with platforms that I can sit them on, but I don’t think that will be safe. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Am I going to have to sell them on and look elsewhere?

If the speakers are made of wood you can buy two speaker-stand adapters that screw into the bottom of the speakers.

But what you need is a PA speaker (or PA speakers) not a pair of studio speakers.
    Studio speakers are designed for close proximity listening.
    PA (Public Adress) speakers are designed for a wide dispersion of sound.

You can start off with one powered PA speaker with an 8-inch woofer or a 10-inch woofer. (The metric equivalent is probably 20 cm woofer and 25 cm woofer.)
    You can start with one speaker and add a second speaker (and eventually a subwoofer) later.

One good PA speaker raised above people's heads is OK for small venues.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    If the speakers are made of wood you can buy two speaker-stand adapters that screw into the bottom of the speakers.

But what you need is a PA speaker (or PA speakers) not a pair of studio speakers.
    Studio speakers are designed for close proximity listening.
    PA (Public Adress) speakers are designed for a wide dispersion of sound.

You can start off with one powered PA speaker with an 8-inch woofer or a 10-inch woofer. (The metric equivalent is probably 20 cm woofer and 25 cm woofer.)
    You can start with one speaker and add a second speaker (and eventually a subwoofer) later.

One good PA speaker raised above people's heads is OK for small venues.

Okay, that’s interesting, thanks for that. I should have done more research before I bought them. Oh well.

NO DONT PUT HOLES IN THEM JEEEEZ WARRANTY VOID

Quote Originally Posted by polmac View Post
    Obviously there are stands with platforms that I can sit them on, but I don’t think that will be safe. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?
    Well in case you keep them for home use and don't want stands, get some sort of brackets...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    NO DONT PUT HOLES IN THEM JEEEEZ WARRANTY VOID
    Adapter screws are so short that it is not likely to put holes in the wood.
    Plus you posted a picture of speaker brackets that requires screwing screws into speakers.
    The only difference is a speaker pole adapter uses 4 screws on the bottom of the speaker your speaker bracket uses 2 screws on the sides of the speaker.

Plus I think it was pretty clear from my post that he should not use studio monitors for mobile DJing.

I think you missed to notice the clamps on the sides, or the big bright red lettering

Yes indeed, the monitors are not suitable for live conditions, hence if he wants to keep for home or resale, that's his consideration to make...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I think you missed to notice the clamps on the sides, or the big bright red lettering
    Obviously I didn't since that is where you can clearly see the screw holes for securing the clamps to the speakers.

Speaker cabinets vibrate when you play music through them.
    If you just left your speakers clamped in the wall brackets as pictured, the likely hood of them falling off would be high. This is why you can see a screw hole on the side of the bracket for securing the speaker to the bracket. Especially with them tilted down at an angle like that.

Studio monitor cabinets don't "vibrate", by design they're not supposed to. Two, there is no such thing as directly securing studio monitors with screws, trust me on that one

Falling off while clamped. Ok, that's a new concept I don't suppose? Thanks for your input but at this point we are borderline irrelevant on the fine details..

@Windows 95, since you are injecting politics into a DJ forum, I'll call you out on your fabricated smearful lies.

"The coronavirus is a Democrat Hoax that will magically disappear - Donald Trump"

You made this up. You are lying. Otherwise, prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by ingram View Post
    @Windows 95, since you are injecting politics into a DJ forum, I'll call you out on your fabricated smearful lies.

"The coronavirus is a Democrat Hoax that will magically disappear - Donald Trump"

You made this up. You are lying. Otherwise, prove it.
    It's been verified many times, including "it will disappear in April, like a miracle."

Now if you don't mind to check the record, here it is in all glory:

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...mment-tracker/

Also if you don't mind, we do have two separate threads regarding:

1. Covid: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...VID-19)-Thread

2. Politics: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...by-Windows-95)

So, if you don't mind not hijacking a speaker thread with your own opinions about who does what on this forum, I would suggest to take a look at both threads above before taking any pot shots. Many thanks.