Thread: Which cables would I need?

Which cables would I need?

Hi. I have some Peavey's I just bought (passive)and a Behringer Eurolive B1500XP (still in transit) I have a Crown amp, XTi 1000 & Numark cdMIX mixer.

What other cables would I need? I presume leads from the mixer to go into the amp and amp to the sub? Speakers connected to the amp?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/8...140aef6135.pdf

Did you check the plugs at the back and user manuals?

You don't plug a powered sub into an amp or else it blows up.

Standard disclaimers, this is your equipment and use your own common sense. This is for assistance, but check with someone else, blah, blah, blah.

Looking at your first post, I assume that the Peavey's are regular tops that use (Neutrik) speakON connectors. With that assumption, starting from the Numark cdMIX mixer:

* Connect two XLR male-to-female cables from each of the cdMIX mixer's "Balanced Outputs" to the "Inputs A and B" on the Behringer Eurolive B1500XP.
    * Connect two XLR male-to-female cables from the Behringer Eurolive B1500XP's "Outputs A and B" to the Crown XTi 1000 amp's "Channel 1 and 2" inputs.
    * Connect two male-to-female Neutrik speakON cables from the Crown XTi 1000 amp's "Channel 1 and 2" outputs. Each cable goes to one Peavey speaker.
    * Double-check connections
    * Turn down all volumes
    * Power on the cdMix, Eurolive, and Crown in that order
    * Gradually raise the volume on the cdMIX
    * After listening, lower the volume
    * Power off the Crown, Eurolive, and cdMix in that order

Answering the question posed:

* You need four XLR male-to-female speaker cables (you should be safe up to 100')
    * You need two male-to-female Neutrik speakON cables (you should be safe up to 50')
    Last edited by KLH; 04-13-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I'm afraid anyone will be unable to know what cable you need when you mention only "peavey passive". I've had or used some peaveys on XLR, Speakon, balanced and unbalanced Jack 6.35

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I've had or used some peaveys on XLR, Speakon, balanced and unbalanced Jack 6.35
    Some passive Peaveys had three unbalanced quarter-inch TRS (unbalanced 6.35) inputs.
    One to power both the woofer & the tweeter.
    The other two to power the woofer with one amp and the tweeter with a different amp.

If there are two-quarter-inch jacks instead of three. That was for hooking another speaker to that speaker.
    I think it was a parallel circuit which I think cuts the Ohms in half. (8Ω = 4Ω / 4Ω = 2Ω)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.