Thread: C.R.E.A.M. mix help

C.R.E.A.M. mix help

I am trying to mix two songs that are different BPM and two different but similar songs and I need help with ideas for transitioning between them. I am new and don't have many ideas yet. I am using these two songs with the C.R.E.A.M. chorus. Wu-Tang Clan's C.R.E.A.M. and iyla's Cash rules (feat Method Man). At the end of her song she sings the chorus which is the same as the beginning of Wu-Tang's version. Cash Rules is in key of Ebm @ 78 bpm and Wu-Tang's is F#m @ 90 bpm. I am just looking for creativity ideas since I don't have many. I tried filters, slowing the Wu's version to match Cash Rules's and then speeding them up together which sounds bad too. Would appreciate your creative ideas and things you have tried to blend two similar songs that should go together. At least I think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The cream 12 has an accapella and an instumental on it.
    Why not drop into the accapella then drop some beats from the other track behind it?
    Then go between the tracks like a mashup.
    You can use things like timestretch and key match with digital software these days so getting them together will be a lot easier than it used to be back in the day!
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

^^^ this pretty much, add stuff.

Use a third channel, play a dub and use that to glue the other two in between. I've done that thing so many times...

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    The cream 12 has an accapella and an instumental on it.
    Why not drop into the accapella then drop some beats from the other track behind it?
    Then go between the tracks like a mashup.
    You can use things like timestretch and key match with digital software these days so getting them together will be a lot easier than it used to be back in the day!
    Can you download an example of this so I can hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    ^^^ this pretty much, add stuff.

Use a third channel, play a dub and use that to glue the other two in between. I've done that thing so many times...
    Also, can I hear an example of what you describing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the link to one of those.

https://www.mixcloud.com/__MANU__/tr...rotten-sequel/

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...-Rotten-Sequel

Few examples: I have pre-extended/replaced the intro of Drowning Pool's Bodies, Pre-extended the intro of Slipknot's Devil in I so that would fit with the previous song and create a massive drop, changed the actual structure of the song itself, but also the outro to mix into the next song, using a whole bunch of samples + acapellas, extended the outro to Neilcic/Ray parker's remix also using the studio tracks from Ghostbusters, I extended the Rolling Stones remix using their own studio recordings leftovers (exclusive ), extended Stevie Wonder's Superstition remix (also received an exclusive file from C2C). Angel With His Own Hole is a SIN/Vincent Brunello exclusive remix on which I slapped Slipknot's "742617000027" (yes it's also a track) + more samples including an extended intro, making it some sort of a triple song remix thing with key matching in thirds. Even the rusty gate shutdown noise right at the very end of the mix was pitch shifted and rendered to be in tune with the last track.

All of this is done with samples and pre-editing/rendering, that is done prior you even start mixing anything. Just finding the samples took me weeks, some even months before I could even get the result I wanted. Then the mix itself is chock full of cuts and things and tricks everywhere, too much stuff to list than most people will not notice anyway... The more you have, the more you can add. Then it's only a matter of having the gear to do it, plus your own way of planning/putting it together.
    Last edited by Manu; 04-02-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: direct link