Thread: Do I need the same type of needle / cartridge on both decks?

Do I need the same type of needle / cartridge on both decks?

Hi. I’ve recently purchased and set up 2x 1200s. They were purchased from different sellers. One came with Concord Q.Bert. The other with OM10. Is there any issue to run two different setups, or would you recommend a consistent setup on both? If the latter is the Q.Bert the better option? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really an issue in itself, but if you'll have a different freq response, dynamics and sound quality. The Qbert is obviously designed for scratching and handling back queuing, the OM10 is an affordable solution for sound quality... Can't really say what option is best depending if you mix or scratch...

You might want to have a read in that section: http://www.djforums.com/forums/forum...sories-Effects

And see more discussions around cartridges.

It helps if you have the same carts because you wont have to adjust the output levels and volumes to match each other and that comes in important during beatmatching when you louder output on one and lower on other, it makes beatmatching and transitions a little easier.

If you scratch and you use a DVS you already have the best option in my opinion.
    The Qbert for scratching and the OM10 for archiving and for playing the beat you're scratching to.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.