Thread: Cubase compatibility

Cubase compatibility

Hi, I love electronic music so a few months ago I decided to learn how to produce my own songs. I have been taking lessons with a teacher who introduced me to Cubase software. I love the Cubase workflow, with only a few months of producing it makes me get good results. But a few days ago I was at a friend's house who uses Ableton Live with an Ableton Push 2 and I fell in love with this machine. I open this thread to know if somehow Ableton Push 2 would have a Cubase integration possibility. As I already said, I love producing with Cubase, so I would not like to change DAW. I have a voucher in this store ([URL= link removed /URL]), but in its product sheet it doesn't specify anything about it. My computer knowledge is limited, so I need your help.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-16-2021 at 12:08 PM. Reason: link removed - see rules

Ableton is a standalone DAW.

You can import plugins , but not wire it into Cubase or vice versa.

Here's a tip: Better to use multiple programs than just one, going ableton does not mean you stop using Cubase.

Myself I have used Cakewalk in the past, Acid Pro, Music (playstation), some Ejay software (it's rubbish)various editors (Sony/Apple/Audacity/etc), Rebirth, Reason, Cubase, Logic Pro, ableton, Pro Tools etc.

The thing is the more stuff you try the more chances you're going to like something. Then you said you fell in love, so what not take the shot.

Sod's law means you might fall in love with more stuff in the future. Personally I fell in love with Logic Pro after years of using Cubase, I eventually ditched cubase due to program instability that was linked to the security dongle. I think you do have many more discoveries ahead of you, Cubase is a solid start, Ableton is an excellent addition.

The best software I can think of to rewire something into Cubase, is the Propellerheads Reason software.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Ableton is a standalone DAW.

You can import plugins , but not wire it into Cubase or vice versa.

Here's a tip: Better to use multiple programs than just one, going ableton does not mean you stop using Cubase.

Myself I have used Cakewalk in the past, Acid Pro, Music (playstation), some Ejay software (it's rubbish)various editors (Sony/Apple/Audacity/etc), Rebirth, Reason, Cubase, Logic Pro, ableton, Pro Tools etc.

The thing is the more stuff you try the more chances you're going to like something. Then you said you fell in love, so what not take the shot.

Sod's law means you might fall in love with more stuff in the future. Personally I fell in love with Logic Pro after years of using Cubase, I eventually ditched cubase due to program instability that was linked to the security dongle. I think you do have many more discoveries ahead of you, Cubase is a solid start, Ableton is an excellent addition.

The best software I can think of to rewire something into Cubase, is the Propellerheads Reason software.
    Thank you very much for your response and for taking a few minutes of your time. I will heed your advice. Ty

No worries