Thread: Beginner DJ needs help with a specific transition

Beginner DJ needs help with a specific transition

Hello people! I recently created my first half hour mix and I'm proud of it! However I can't for the life of me transition out of my last song. The song is Marc Et Claude - La (Van Bellen remix). If someone could suggest a technique or a particular track that works well with the one mentioned above then I would highly appreciate it. Keep in mind that I have a Hercules impulse 200 so I have no mid knob. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thread moved to beginners

Try, try and try more tracks, make it 100% your own

Whenever I had problems in the past, I just swap, move around, completely change the order of the mix, or simply remove a problem track.

This response is one month later and you're probably long gone, but just in case...

The original track is in Ab. The remixer dropped it down to F# - a rather unusual key to find stuff in. My suggestion would be as Manu suggested - make the track your own and transpose the track into something that works. G is very common, and right in between these two key signatures. Don't worry about the violating the sanctity of the track... remixers do this all the time - as did the remixer of this track.

Those "La"s are very specific tones, and very strong in the fundamental. So you're gonna have to work with them somehow.

Track itself sounds 132ish - a bit on the upside, but should be workable. Good luck!