Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK PRS vultures want your stream money.

Yes I think it was around 2008 0r 9. Every time the PRS makes the news, they come across as a bunch of jobsworths...

wtf? assholes worldwide
    Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Yes I think it was around 2008 0r 9. Every time the PRS makes the news, they come across as a bunch of jobsworths...
    Thought so.

I remember around 2004 to about 2012 the PRS was on rampage, phoning companies up and demanding a ransom be paid for every radio on the premises.

I worked at two different companies during that time. Before PRS contacted them you had various radio littered around the shop floor all playing different radio stations. You could hear the tunes playing and you could ID any which caught your ear, and then go home and buy any wanted tracks.

After the PRS got involved both companies (at different times) banned all the radios. And then they set up one radio playing through crappy tannoy style speakers throughout the company. You couldn’t hear anything over the noise of the machines on the shop floor. And you could forget about hearing a tune well enough to ID it for later purchase. But as long as the PRS got it pound of flesh (sorry I meant fee) that’s all that mattered.
    I don’t know anyone who’s benefited from these bunch of parasites. They just seem to spoil everything whilst claiming they’re fighting on behalf of the music industry.

It wouldn’t surprise me if their coffers are suffering now many companies and live venues have shut down or closed their doors. And many more workers are now working from home and are therefore listening to music at home and not using radios at work. I’m guessing they’re now looking for other ways to extract their rents.
    The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

And in typical fashion we haaaaaave retreat.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...cence-fee-plan

PRS for Music backs down on livestream licence fee plan
    Flat fee will no longer apply to events generating less than £500, and rights organisation also commits to discounting rates for larger events

Looks like they're going to have and try something else now, until next time.

Although it has a lot of offensive language, I truly have got to appreciate the sentiment of Mssrs Keith and Dog.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Although it has a lot of offensive language, I truly have got to appreciate the sentiment of Mssrs Keith and Dog.

Great tune and very appropriate.
    The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    And in typical fashion we haaaaaave retreat.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...cence-fee-plan

Looks like they're going to have and try something else now, until next time.
    When you said that I could help but think off:

That's what she said.