Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosley DJ100 Super OEM Table Is it Good Enough For A Small Internet Radio Station?

Crosley DJ100 Super OEM Table Is it Good Enough For A Small Internet Radio Station?

I run a small internet radio station looking for a decent turntable for light mixing that is not $$$. I see this Crosley DJ100 Super OEM Turntable it looks pretty close to a few Gemini Numrak and DJ-tech that have a few that look like this one. IMO the Crosley version just might have the worst motor of all the direct drive versions I will say the motor is better than the Gemini belt drive version. I what to know if you think it be fine for light mixing for my internet radio at $145 it might be worth it.

Here is a review of this turntable this is not a review from a DJ it is just regular users review

Last edited by DJboutit; 01-27-2021 at 09:33 PM.

IMO the Crosley version just might have the worst motor of all the direct drive versions
    And that's when I stopped reading... Looks like that thing plays records and that's about it. Looked at the price, I'm guessing the casing is plastic. This is the first thing that comes on google when you type "crosley"

Why is Crosley bad?

Crosley turntables have a poorly calibrated, plastic arm that drags on the surface of vinyl. When combined with a ceramic cartridge, they are guaranteed to destroy your collection. Crosley turntables are built on the cheap, and with turntables and turntable equipment you get what you pay for.
    3:12 in the video, he says "I'm not a DJ", then Mr not-a-DJ gives DJ advice in the comments, hilarious to read how the guy doesn't have a clue.
    Last edited by Manu; 01-28-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Great post but... terrible TT.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I had to put the image back in large size, because, ewwwww I'm getting plasticitis just looking at it

To be honest, just put a couple of bucks more and get either a Stanton or Audio Technica. I would lean towards the AT, Because it scored a good review on Djforums. On the other side too many Stantons have reports of sticky buttons...

Last edited by Manu; 01-28-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I had to put the image back in large size
    My favorite feature is the start/stop buttons point in opposing directions.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

When you are on a small budget it is easy to ignore advice from strangers, and think that you know the best for your situation.

Rest assured that everyone on this forum is giving you free advice to help you out.

Also a lot of them have been in very similar situations to yourself.

On that note. The turntable you show is trash, or will be trash to you in 6 months. Don't waste your money. Save up, buy second hand. Don't make the mistakes I have made in the past.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    My favorite feature is the start/stop buttons point in opposing directions.
    Turntable you can't scratch with has battle position.

I know this is not a $600+ scratching turntable a little light mixing might be ok. The super oem turntables are made by Hanpin they are decent http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/02_DJ-U1160.html

The DJ-Tech http://www.djtechpro.com/eng/product-details.php?id=11 were endorsed by DMC for a few years
    Last edited by DJboutit; 01-29-2021 at 05:41 AM.

It may look like an old Vestax PDX-2000 or Numark TTX, but those had high torque motors and bodies with decent sound isolation.
    Old Super OEM, high-end Vestax, high-end Numark, and Technics SL-1200 series turntables not only last a really long time but are durable and reliable.

Cheap DJ turntables usually have belts that need replacing or low torque motors that require a very light touch to use.

If you can't afford a good new DJ turntable get a good used DJ turntable.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
    I know this is not a $600+ scratching turntable a little light mixing might be ok. The super oem turntables are made by Hanpin they are decent http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/02_DJ-U1160.html

The DJ-Tech http://www.djtechpro.com/eng/product-details.php?id=11 were endorsed my DMC for a few years
    You are not obliged to take advice. Your money is your own to waste. But I feel these turntables are not the same as ones that use hanpin technology that cost twice the price.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix