Thread: Web-based Sound Sampler

Web-based Sound Sampler

I have had more time on my hands thanks to COVID so I built a web-based Sound Sampler using HTML, JavaScript, and Bootstrap. Is it intuitive to you? Let me know your thoughts.
    Check out the Virtual Party Pack - Icebreaker and game ideas for your virtual events

I made one 10 odd years ago under Max/Msp, but then it used all keyboard keys and doubled because I had a shift key option. So I had 60 odd sounds, but then I had the problem of having to remember where is what. Yours is nice to see everything labelled properly, there's no confusion possible.

I thought of making one that works under a list, type a number and you get a sound but I never went around finishing that, as it wasn't as fast an interface.

Big rep for effort.

Thanks Manu. Browsers are lot better nowadays so the response is better when playing sound.

The list is a good idea. I plan to make it customizable soon so that people can choose sounds from a list.
    Check out the Virtual Party Pack - Icebreaker and game ideas for your virtual events

It's pretty cool already, extra kudos on going for some of the classic samples, check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by djeternal View Post
    I have had more time on my hands thanks to COVID so I built a web-based Sound Sampler using HTML, JavaScript, and Bootstrap. Is it intuitive to you? Let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks dje. Sound quality is great. I also like that multiple samples can be triggered simultaneously.
    Good job.
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

Thanks much, appreciate the feedback.