Thread: Looking for a power strip with a built in USB hub

Looking for a power strip with a built in USB hub

American DJ has the Pow R Bar65 which looks nice, but it doesn't have any mounting holes on the bottom so I couldn't use screws. I'm trying to find one I can mount to the front of my Odyssey table, something with both outlets and a powered USB hub. Everything except the ADJ I'm finding just have USB ports to power or charge devices. I don't need anything big, 4 plugs, and 3-4 USB ports. I'm still thinking about the ADJ but kind of stuck on a way to mount it. With my table being carpeted I know Command Strips wouldn't work. It only weighs 3 pounds so maybe Gorilla Glue, I dunno. So I figured I'd come here and ask to see if anyone had an idea for me.
    Last edited by j-bird; 12-31-2020 at 01:44 AM.

There are tons of clamp-on power strips with USB (just search for "clamp power strip USB") but they are not USB hubs just USB chargers. I never saw one that was a hub.

I found a couple of more models but they all seem to not have much of mounting options. If I were you, I'd go with the ADJ one and mount with som velcro. That way you can take it out if you want to without too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
    I found a couple of more models but they all seem to not have much of mounting options. If I were you, I'd go with the ADJ one and mount with som velcro. That way you can take it out if you want to without too much hassle.
    I was considering that, but the table's covered in carpet and I don't think anything would stick to that well enough to where velcro would be able to hold up the weight of the power strip. You're right tho, having it where it's removable would be a big plus. I'm just not having an easy time finding something that can bond to carpet and is able to hold weight too. I guess I could cut a chunk of carpet off the table that's the size of the strip. HUMMM, I just thought about that.