Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Strikes

YouTube Strikes

Hello,
    I uploaded a few mixes this weekend and I got 1 strike to my understanding you get 3 strikes then they take your channel down. Before invest more time into it how can I get around not getting strikes ? I understand the music is not mine but how do I not get strikes ?

Your response would be highly appreciated!!!!
    Last edited by Manu; 12-10-2023 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Title updated

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000

How to get info about your strike
    Sign in to YouTube Studio.
    From the left Menu, click Videos.
    Filter for Copyright claims.
    Hover over 'Copyright claim' in the Restrictions column and click SEE DETAILS

I understand the music is not mine but how do I not get strikes ?
    Don't put music you don't own on a platform that strikes music you don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000

Don't put music you don't own on a platform that strikes music you don't own.

I understand that but then how do these other DJs upload music ?

make sure your vids or account are/is demonetized. That will help some however, commercial tracks will most likely be flagged regardless.

My mixes (I don't have many on there) get flagged for tracks but the message I receive is that the artist will receive ad revenue and I don't have to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    make sure your vids or account are/is demonetized. That will help some however, commercial tracks will most likely be flagged regardless.

My mixes (I don't have many on there) get flagged for tracks but the message I receive is that the artist will receive ad revenue and I don't have to do anything else.
    I get the same message, but sometimes they turn off the video completely, and then I have to delete one song in the middle of the mix, before they let it be played. It also depends what country you are in. The USA is a lot more forgiving than other countries. Some of my mixes play in some countries, and not others. You don't know what song will get a strike until you put up the mix. Most of my mixes play just fine with no copy right strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    I get the same message, but sometimes they turn off the video completely, and then I have to delete one song in the middle of the mix, before they let it be played. It also depends what country you are in. The USA is a lot more forgiving than other countries. Some of my mixes play in some countries, and not others. You don't know what song will get a strike until you put up the mix. Most of my mixes play just fine with no copy right strikes.
    Figured this would still happen with more commercial/pop tracks but i haven't experienced this yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bump

The youtube algorithm is now very clever at detecting even tiny elements inside remixes, or even giving strikes for ''using the melody of''. (Had one recently for a tribute cover medley)

This channel below has been completely demolished despite posting some creative/funny/original content. Courtesy of Universal Music.

And AI is supposed to be our friend ...smh

I literally had 5 copyright strikes removed this week, happy days. The Youtube algorithm is just a part the problem, it's also the record companies behind the strikes system.

I recently had a strike over a cover remix with some electric drumkit triggers, Youtube said I was using a recording some live performance from 1988.

Another thing I do is put up a mix that is around 20 minutes long instead of hour long mixes. I hate to invest a bunch of time in a mix, then spend a bunch of time uploading it, then have them take the mix down. So if the mix is shorter, there are less songs in it to get rejected, plus if it does get rejected, I'm not out that much time.