Thread: The legality of this quote request...

The legality of this quote request...

Hi UK DJ's. I want to get opinions on the legality of this quote request...

We've had a request from a restaurant for a DJ for their New Year's Eve party. Now whilst it's currently Tier 2 in all of our service areas, and restaurants can open as normal with all the relevant distancing and safety measures, I'm not sure of the legality of having a DJ at the venue...

Any thoughts on this?

I think it's pretty much a case of no loud music allowed, no dancing allowed, so you'll be playing some socially distanced quiet tunes in the background, probably behind some PVC while wearing a mask and that's about it. But please double check all that before taking my word for it, because all those tiers and things are getting me lost sometimes. It's a bit like lockdown lite if you see what I mean.

Good to hear that some DJs are slowly back to getting some opportunities, enjoy
    Soundcloud Mixcloud
    "Wrong speed, we've got it on the wrong speed. For those of you recovering from a hangover, that's gonna sound just right. " - Robin Williams

I too take this as a sign of encouragement. Please take the gig and let us know how it goes. I believe Manu is right about what the expectation may be.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.