Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turnable for beginner till 350 EUR

Quote Originally Posted by djboom View Post
    the difference is the home mixing by me is about 1 hours weekly whilst club mixing is much more, maybe 10hours weekly and under harder conditions...
    Pretty much all turntables tend to last forever whether they are cheap or expensive. There's not much to them just like toasters and hair dryers.

The main difference between a cheap DJ turntable and an expensive DJ turntable is the motor that's in it.
    It's like the difference between buying a car with less than 20 horse power versus buying a car with over 200 house power.
    Last edited by pete; 12-06-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

the difference is the home mixing by me is about 1 hours weekly whilst club mixing is much more, maybe 10hours weekly and under harder conditions...
    But you mix the proper way or not, home or club, doesn't matter. There's something important in the platter behavior and pitch slider feel that is not the same on every turntable. You get that with the Reloop but not with the Pio 500. You'll understand it when you try both.

All depends on the DJ.
    Some club Djs only mix (some even just play a premix CD) for a couple of hours a week. In fact quite a lot do; playing out for hours and hours each week, or during weekdays and making any bank is generally something that happened for "superstar DJs" in the 90s.
    Some "home mixing" Djs, especially turntablists, spend hours each day perfecting technique and never search for DJing as a career.

Don't get confused with the words "professional" , "club" , "bedroom" or "money". Neither of these are linked together. The marketing will tell you otherwise.
    Those who have worked in the industry know better.
    Last edited by pete; 01-21-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix