Thread: DJing in COVID-19 times - New trends?

DJing in COVID-19 times - New trends?

I haven't gigged in these new COVID-19 times, but I'm sure that many other members have.

What is the new "normal"? How do you maintain social distancing? Are you expected to DJ with a mask on? Do you keep the space around your setup clear? Are requests texted?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

where i am, they are opening the clubs and lounges but you are not allowed to mingle with people other than ur own group.

you have to sit down at your table. if you want to dance, you have to dance in your seats and not on the dancefloor. kind of fucked up but oh well.
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

when it comes to djiing, nobody is allowed in the booth other than club personnel. request made my texting. mask on all the time since ur the face of the venue
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

I haven't DJd since March and I probably won't do any DJing until February next year at the earliest.

There are similar rules for bars and clubs here in Sweden as Farhan has described. You have to sit by your table, max 8 people at every table. Minimum distance between tables or groups is 1.5m. No standing by the bar, all beverages are ordered and served at the table by a waitor. Hence almost all clubs in my town have turned into lounges now. They have no DJ, only background music. There's also talk about restricting the opening hour to 10:30pm, no drinks served after 10. This rule would be in effect until January next year.

Those are the rules and regulations, then there are strong recommendations that you should work home if you can, not meet other people than family, not participate in any indoor activities where you are close to other people, not do any shopping other than necessary, like food medication, etc. So it's not a forced lockdown but the town is definitely not as busy as normally.

All this together would definitely mean no DJing for a while, until things have turned for the better.