Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there actually ANY parties happening anywhere right now?

Hybrid View

Are there actually ANY parties happening anywhere right now?

Let me know! It'll help the rest of us stay positive

Hopefully not! We need to stop the coronavirus so that we can have massive parties again!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Read in the news here (NYC) that two sizeable parties were busted last weekend.
    One of the venues was a known underground spot where I have worked on some events.

So yea, if it was in the paper that they busted two, there were probably a dozen more...

But yea, this is not a good thing. In the USA there are many places where people are being totally effing stupid about this.
    Here in NYC you would think that people would know better seeing as hospitals were filled to overflowing not too long ago, but I guess they don't.

Personally I would not go to any party rn or certainly would not work on any party if not for my own safety, then for the safety of my family.. if I got sick I would probably kill some family members. No party is worth that. I'm just pissed at the people who don't understand why they need to be careful, who are just making the whole thing drag out longer...

Shame that people aren't recognising that parties are happening in a way that accommodates the current situation, and that we don't have to be narrow-minded about the way we can still embrace a chance to party. Paul Oakenfold performed at a massive drive-in rave just the other week.

Although now that it's December, the thought of partying next to my car in a car park is mildly less attractive than it would have been in July
    Last edited by Manu; 12-02-2020 at 03:25 AM.

The problem is not the DJ or the establishment, it's the guests. In the UK they have a somewhat 11th hour pub bell DNA modification ingrained in he brain, a lot aim to get "mortal" (actual term) in a minimum amount of time. Students came to the forefront of the news, for having last minute parties before going home for Christmas. "Party hard" turns out to be not smart under certain scenarios.

My original point was one to give us all hope.

Parties don't have to be held in places where close proximity is required, and to be honest it'd be nice to have good news about events themselves (and there have been organised events happening, and happening safely) rather than just saying that people aren't smart

the Dutch were partying up until October
    https://www.macaubusiness.com/last-p...ckdown-starts/
    Last edited by paulkershaw; 12-02-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Florida here - clubs are open. sigh

https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-co...247263189.html
    NIGHTCLUBS
    Nightclubs are allowed to open. Masks are required on the dance floor, and eating and drinking is allowed at tables only. Check with individual clubs for more information.

https://www.clubspace.com/events
    VICTOR CALDERONE ON THE TERRACE - 12/13/2020
    Check out our RESERVATIONS tab!

Here in Sweden the rules for restaurants, bars and clubs is: no serving by the bar, table service only and people have to be seated. 8 people max at each table. Alcohol is not to be served after 10pm and venues have to close at 10:30pm.

These rules will be in effect at least until February. I haven't had a gig since March and it doesn't seem like there will be any gigs until March next year, at the earliest. Probably not until the summer by the looks of it.

for me, it's all about dancing in a crowd - miss that terribly!

In Germany there are some pilot project for open air party which will be investigated to see if under some circustaances it is safe to start again "partying", but officially everything is still...