Thread: How to transfer music between streaming services

How to transfer music between streaming services

So I just got my new decks and subscribed to Serato Suite. I am currently using Tidal to store music synced up with Tidal. I am also finding music in Mix Cloud, SoundCloud and couple others. My question is this. Can I download music in either Mixcloud or Soundcloud and then transfer song or playlist into Tidal. if so, I have not been able to do this yet. Its become rather annoying. I can transfer from Spotify and/or Apple Music but not Soundcloud or Mixcloud and those 2 services are where I have found a lot of great mixes.
    I am a total beginner so any help would be wonderful

I guess this is the tipping point where actually owning track is something from the past, and everything is subscription going forward.
    Hell, even the DVS is bought by subscription!

In answer to your question, I do not believe that Soundcloud etc have a deal with Serato where you can use their tracks. To be honest, I'm very surprised Tidal or any streaming platform are doing something with a DVS. I know there was one software platform that tried and stopped providing this kinda thing.

I would suggest actually buying the songs you like. But I guess that shows my age.

I'm remembering how annoying it was travelling the country to record shops and record fairs trying to find elusive tracks, a lot of which were bought "blind" having never heard them before. Actually it wasn't annoying, it was kinda fun. And those records I got are going up in value, much more than what I paid. Strange...
    Last edited by pete; 07-20-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix