Thread: Reflections

Reflections

It was fall in 1974, my second year in business as Entertainment Systems and we had a contract to supply a stage, sound, lights and followspots for a political fund raiser at South Mountain Arena in West Orange NJ.

We loaded in around 7:30 in the morning and by 4:00 did a sound check.

About 5:30 I'm sitting back stage resting and waiting for the call to dinner when Bob Hope walked up to the bench I was sitting on and asked if he could join me. I said yes.

For about the next half hour we talked about this and that, he asked me about my family and business, it was amazing. To me it seemed like I was important to him.

Bob, thanks for the memory.

I wish show business would open up again... we need it.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    It was fall in 1974, my second year in business as Entertainment Systems and we had a contract to supply a stage, sound, lights and followspots for a political fund raiser at South Mountain Arena in West Orange NJ.

We loaded in around 7:30 in the morning and by 4:00 did a sound check.

About 5:30 I'm sitting back stage resting and waiting for the call to dinner when Bob Hope walked up to the bench I was sitting on and asked if he could join me. I said yes.

For about the next half hour we talked about this and that, he asked me about my family and business, it was amazing. To me it seemed like I was important to him.

Bob, thanks for the memory.

I wish show business would open up again... we need it.
    Very cool story, getting 1/2 hour of Bob Hope's time is priceless.