Thread: Restarting need some info...

Restarting need some info...

Hey,

First post here, so small intro: Vince, 40 years old, did a lot of recreational techno dj'ing when i was younger. No gigs just for fun.

Ok so... A while ago, i got into a 'spur of the moment' kind of thing, and decided to get out my old set of technics from out the dust and see if they still worked.
    I think they got to be around 20 ish years old now. They worked still flawlessly, cause, you know... Technics, never dies. My old pioneer mixer still worked too.

So long story short, I had a blast, it had been atleast 8 years since I last connected my decks. So much, after playing a lot lately, I want to upgrade.

2 questions:

- pio-xdj700? would that be a good option? always used vinyl back then, im new to digital stuff.
    - I have an old pioneer DJM-600, works perfectly, but is it still useable with the new digi players?

Thanx in advance,
    Vince

First thing I would ask yourself is why you want digital controllers over a DVS.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

If i get what you are saying, and i'm not native english, is why i would change from vinyl to digital/cd/pioneer dj thingy whatever you call them? dvs are vinyl decks right? I'm not really into the lingo that much tbh haha

DVS has been around for years and gives you all the advantages of digital (play MP3s, sync, loops, FX, edits etc) but also makes use of your Technics as control surfaces. Plus you can integrate your record collection.

So its easier to learn, cheaper for equipment and a lot more fun than the CDJ route. IMHO.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Welcome to DJF!

If you have two functioning turntables, you can use them and your existing mixer. You'll just need to buy a 4 channel in and 4 channel out sound interface with USB to connect to a computer (typically a laptop). With these pieces, you can run a digital vinyl emulation/system (often called DVS). Doing so is generally considered better than running CDJs, controllers, or all-in-one systems.

I prefer controllers, but your mileage might vary (meaning your setup and preferences may lead you in another direction).
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...