Thread: Pioneer CDJ (CDJ-3000) once again lacking exFAT/NTFS support

Pioneer CDJ (CDJ-3000) once again lacking exFAT/NTFS support

Pioneer just released another flagship CDJ product (CDJ-3000) but once again without support for exFAT/NTFS storage formats. Still no real time tune analysis so without Rekordbox you will not see song structure or waveforms in advance.

Ps. Denon SC-5000 and SC-6000 have exFAT support and you don't need to analyze tunes in advance.

Ah well, if my bread isn't good, I find another baker.

Quote Originally Posted by golem View Post
    Pioneer just released another flagship CDJ product (CDJ-3000) but once again without support for exFAT/NTFS storage formats. Still no real time tune analysis so without Rekordbox you will not see song structure or waveforms in advance.

Ps. Denon SC-5000 and SC-6000 have exFAT support and you don't need to analyze tunes in advance.
    Not having exFAT/NTFS doesn't really limit the storage as FAT32 can use storage systems to 2TB. Besides, the likely reason that exFAT and NTFS aren't in the CDJ is because of licensing. Microsoft owns both exFAT and NTFS.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Can the moderators please move this to the controller section since this CDJ doesn't play CD's. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Can the moderators please move this to the controller section since this CDJ doesn't play CD's. Thank You.
    As you wish...
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Pulse from the Pioneer DJ forum added some info: https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-u...s/900001007363

When the 3000 was being developed, there was still a massive license fee for implementing exFAT in products. Microsoft made this open-source back in November of 2019, but it was already a bit late for the 3000. We've made our engineering team aware of this and hope they're able to add it post-release as a firmware update, but I'm not sure if it's technically possible or if they're planning on including it when FAT32 and HFS+ are still viable options with current drives and OS's. I understand exFAT has its benefits, but those two options do still work.