Thread: ID for Jose Padilla - Essential Mix Live @ Cream in Liverpool 31.12.1996 [CHILLOUT]

ID for Jose Padilla - Essential Mix Live @ Cream in Liverpool 31.12.1996 [CHILLOUT]

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if you very knowledgeable people could help me out with a track ID to this mix. No track list was ever listed in Mixmag or Update magazine at the time and I am guessing that Jose never gave it to Radio 1.

Here is a link to the track in the mix. It starts at 1:11:58: https://youtu.be/JYc9OnT6NIA?t=4318

I have asked Jose via Discogs when he was selling his record collection via a 3rd party and they said they would ask Jose about it but I sadly never got a reply.

PS. I came across the forum while searching for an ID to the 1995 Jose Padilla Essential Mix on this thread and it is here that my 25 year quest to find Octarine - "Empyrean" [Organico] ended (listed as Oceterine - "Remain" [Organice] in the track list). The OP of that thread wanted to know the track after the one I wanted but user RJMG ID'ed the one I wanted so I thought this would be a great place to ask.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...e-to-find-EVER!

Thanks very much guys!
    Last edited by cheefroberts; 09-24-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Hi, I thought of a quick tip regarding your previous thread. I just saw you left a comment on youtube 3 years ago

Try downloading the set, cut it to where you want it to start and then reupload it on Mixcloud. Their own database analyser might give you some returns after a while if you're lucky.
    Last edited by Manu; 09-13-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Hi, I thought of a quick tip regarding your previous thread. I just saw you left a comment on youtube 3 years ago

Try downloading the set, cut it to where you want it to start and then reupload it on Mixcloud. Their own database analyser might give you some returns after a while if you're lucky.
    Hi thanks for the reply and the advice; I will try it. I didn't try this as I thought it would use the same algorithm as Shazam. In my experience it only ID's tracks that have been on CD or newer tracks from the WEB and as tracks from sets from this era were vinyl only it would not be on any Shazam database.

It's a bit of a shot in the dark indeed, but worth trying just in case... Unfortunately, all those white labels records are usually long lost, it's really like going after a treasure island that's somewhere on a map, good luck.

I have asked Jose via Discogs
    Try via facebook maybe, again long shot though I've had a couple of successes that way while trying to get hold of tracks, even managed to blag a pretty much world exclusive at some point...

josé was well into production and a load of producers used visit his studio in Ibiza back in the day.
    wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the records he plays are special pressings.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Thanks for your help guys. I will try the Facebook route. I actually reached out to another Ibiza legend Lennart Krarup a few times on there (aka Lenny Ibizarre) and he is a really nice guy and very helpful. I find that DJs played so may tracks they can never remember what they played all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cheefroberts View Post
    Hello everyone.

I was wondering if you very knowledgeable people could help me out with a track ID to this mix. No track list was ever listed in Mixmag or Update magazine at the time and I am guessing that Jose never gave it to Radio 1.

Here is a link to the track in the mix. It starts at 1:04:43: https://youtu.be/JYc9OnT6NIA?t=3883

I have asked Jose via Discogs when he was selling his record collection via a 3rd party and they said they would ask Jose about it but I sadly never got a reply.

PS. I came across the forum while searching for an ID to the 1995 Jose Padilla Essential Mix on this thread and it is here that my 25 year quest to find Octarine - "Empyrean" [Organico] ended (listed as Oceterine - "Remain" [Organice] in the track list). The OP of that thread wanted to know the track after the one I wanted but user RJMG ID'ed the one I wanted so I thought this would be a great place to ask.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...e-to-find-EVER!

Thanks very much guys!
    I think this might be it.

https://youtu.be/ZyC6otmzieQ

Time to kill (DJ Harvey Remix), Renaissance album

Although reading the comments underneath, some people are saying it isnt. Check the comments underneath and it might get you closer to your goal of finding the name of the track

Two Lone Swordsmen - Glide By Shooting is what people are saying the track is: https://youtu.be/mR7uMAbEITs
    Last edited by millsyuk; 09-21-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks but I already know the ID to that track, and yes it is Glide By Shooting. Looking at my start time and link it seems I added the wrong time so I have corrected it now. It starts at 01:11:58 (track 5). Here is the track list I have:

1. ID (I really need this track)
    2. ID
    3. Two Lone Swordsmen - Glide By Shooting
    4. ID
    5. ID (I really need this track)
    6. ID
    7. ID (I really need this track)
    8. Remake - Blade Runner
    9. Humate - Love Stimulation (Paul van Dyk Mix)
    10. ID
    11. ID
    12. ID
    13. ID
    14. ID
    15. Ken Ishii - Overlap (Dave Angel Remix)
    16. ID
    17. ID (change of tempo with a slower vocal dnb track)
    18. ID
    19. ID
    20. Levitation - Out Of Time
    21. ID
    22. ID
    23. ID
    24. ID
    25. ID
    26. ID
    27. ID
    28. ID
    Last edited by cheefroberts; 09-24-2020 at 12:57 PM.