Thread: Ddj sb3 to Turbosound m15 connection

Ddj sb3 to Turbosound m15 connection

Beginner dj here - will a twin xlr to rca cable work to connect my ddj sb3 to turbosound m15 speakers? Male or female cable? If not could someone please steer me in the right direction?

Yes that will work as would RCA to 1/4" TS cables but if the speakers are really far away these unbalanced interconnects can pickup noise, if this is just a bedroom setup for now it will work OK. For use at events you should consider getting a small pro sound mixer to interface between the controller and speakers, that would give you balanced XLR outputs to drive the speakers as well as some better quality mic inputs.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Even at relatively short lengths unbalanced connections can create ground loop noise problems, so if you hear constant low pitched hum from the speakers that's the reason why. About the only time unbalanced connections are totally hum free is when you have devices placed close together, all plugged into the same AC power strip, with interconnect cables no more than six feet long.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Awesome thanks! I should get the male xlr cable to rca right? Or female xlr?

I suggest you but 2 standard XLR cables(male on one end female on the other) of appropriate length and a pair of XLRF to RCA adapters.

The standard on pro audio equipment is Male jacks are outputs and female jacks are inputs so cables have to be the opposite sex to plug in.

Last edited by conanski; 09-12-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com