Thread: Hello I am Xeno

Hello I am Xeno

Hello here is Xeno, beginner DJ from Alberta, Canada!!

I am about to turn 31 years old as a human calculus of time [...], I am father of a beautiful, smart and good man of 2 years old baby boy ♥

I do not have any employment, I receive disability... I do not have much experience, I am actually buying my first DJ controller later today. The only DJ experience that I have is to spin in virtual clubs such as ones in SecondLife but this is not paid work! Typically I am getting started, looking to learn about music licence and copyrights because I do make my own remixes but I do not know if I can legally release them nor actually make them... I get my music on paid music pool.

I do not have any specific influences toward music! I listen and play of anything...

I am into video editing/production but slacking a lot, I shoot in 4k!! I got interest for paranormal and extraterrestrial affairs, since I had an encounter with aliens, it even became a obsession. I want to met them again!!! I am Head Moderator of an UFOlogy and paranormal forum, which is quite a crazy job sometime with all the.... Insane made up stories, fakes, hoaxes or simply mentally challenged people! I love my job there. I was recently promoted Administrator of the forum but still have a pending training to complete before I operate as administrator. This is not paid employment, it is voluntary work that I do for free! Just like for DJing!

I am doing this because I love music, always did and will do forever, all genres. Of course I wish that someday I can make an income out of my passion for music and DJing but it is not an expectation. I am going into that after years of musical activities, passionate years of music enjoyment. I play snare, I have been in drumline and marching band, also have a little skill playing violin and glockenspiel earlier in my life but I have let go of playing instruments as nowadays for a quite inactive musician, making music for me is not worth the time because of all the other artist focusing on production while I intend editing and remixing. I can play and have fun!! But I am not thinking tomorrow I will make money out of my work and I am not even looking for it actively.

I just want to have fun doing it, for myself first of all [...] then for the enjoyment and pleasure to entertain people or to make them feel with music I chose and find, you know!

I go nowhere, I stay home. Even in regular time, I stay home or go for a walk, that's it. I don't really need Covid19 to be quite isolated or almost sequestrated in my apartment. I stay home on my computer with music, video games and videos. I am having fun and time!

I do have some "superpower" especially due to the nature of my encounter with extraterrestrial beings that is a very interesting twist in someone personal evolution. I have access to some...stuff... from another world...

But not directly...

There is a lot more I could say but right now that is what I got in my mind, Hey if you want to know more just ask!

I hope to hear from you soon!! I am very excited to get started and TO LEARN!! ♥

*****DISCLAIMER*****
    I will not answer questions about E.T.s nor about my encounter neither will I disclose the nature of my contact with aliens. I am here to talk about DJing, remixing and releasing music.

Now THAT'S an INTRO!!! Welcome to DJF, Xeno!

Have a look at the beginner's section and the sticky's there. That'll get you launched properly.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    properly.
    I'm reasonable

Welcome aboard Sir.

The only downside is that you should seek to grow, before you seek money. Then if you do have the classical training background, it should be a doodle. No questions about your encounter, we only do DJing around here.

As a little whistle and nod, here's my latest T shirt:

(don't ask me questions either)

I love that T-shirt, I may want it lol!

I am into trying things, but got to find the right way to do so with my style/personality

Hi Xeno, good to hear about you, and I look forward to hearing more from you

Hey Xeno, good to meet you and welcome in here.

Thank all for the welcome!!

I got some nice projects coming, can't wait to post about it!