Thread: Most trashed pieces of gear you've seen

Most trashed pieces of gear you've seen

Hello DJF,

while waiting for replies on another topic I decided to start a new one regarding old and worn gear that's still going strong (I tried searching but couldn't find a similar thread so I started one)

I'll start with a veteran mixer I bought in 2006 as my first DJ mixer, which I gave away and installed in a pub; the Behringer DJX-400. I did a couple of gigs with it as well as a lot of practicing but it seems to run nice afaik (I don't necessarily want to know what it looks on the inside.. it's not as bad as it looks though I think, iirc it's been there for 10 years or so)

I'm quite sure there are people with gear that's seen a lot of road life etc.. then there's probably installed stuff left in place that's been in heavy use for years with no refurbishing or cleaning (the same venue used to have a very dirty/dusty mixer too) but some things you can't refurbish as the paint/markings wear off.. this one's got rust though, afaik the place was practically closed most of the time but the local pool team used the pub for practicing and games.

Then there are most likely speakers, road cases, amps, microphones, stands etc.. for instance I had a turntable road case as a sofa table for several years, then my current DJ mixer (Mackie D.4Pro) has nearly all of the markings worn off, burnt LEDs, replaced HP amp etc (ie. I wouldn't give it to anyone as rental since it's seen some sh*t)

Let's see them!

-ef

wow yeah thats trashed alright, suprised its not broken... unfortunatly i lost my microkorg to 'water damage' and my mpk49... anyways im interested to see what others come up with

pastic cover on the 1200's would be common im guessing..
    Last edited by Manu; 08-28-2020 at 07:52 AM. Reason: posts merged

I remember a pic on old DJF of a DJM-800 with the entire faceplate completely scratched up and gray, would like to see that one again.
    2x CDJ 2000, 1x CDJ 900, 2x Technics 1200 M3D/Shure M44-7, Denon DN-X1500, 5" KRK Rokit G2, Polk PSW10, Sennheiser HD 25 II straight cable, 64 gig Crucial C300.