Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need minimalistic android DJ player

Question Need minimalistic android DJ player

Hello!

I'm professional DJ more than 15 years. Need 1-2 party (beach) playing dancers and etc music from mp3.
    I'm using only CD players (Omnitronic DJS-1100), not play mp3, not have USB port.
    The dancers music only available in pendrive, mp3 format. Now plug in to my phone and playing with jack or bluetooth.

Need special MINIMALISTIC software for android 5.1 max.

-NO one or two (rotated) disc picture
    -NO effect
    -NO waveform
    -NO (or yes) pitch
    -NO crossfade
    -NO EQ
    -NO album cover
    -NO recording
    -NO sharing
    -NO 2 deck (only 1 and playlist)
    -YES: Big play/pause and cue button (with LEDs)
    -YES: Linear (not rotated) JOG to search cue position (or FW-RW buttons to seeking cue)
    -YES: Big time display (remain, elapsed, playlist total - selectable)
    -YES: Single/continous button (stopped every song end or play track by track)
    -YES: Bold progress bar with last 30s+15s blinked line
    -YES: Easy playlist creation and sort editing drag and drop
    -YES: Portrait mode support

All other function (EQ etc.) used in standard mixer.

Standard players (DUB Player) only miniature numbers, no normal playlist editing (crashed), small progress bar.

In the internet only available more complicated, too effect concentrated, too vinyl feel players. Need only STANDARD DJ-CD player feel with big buttons, big time informations, no other extra.
    Tested DiscDj 3D, djay 2, Cross DJ, DJ Studio 5, edjing, Party Mixer. The real simpler only Party Mixer (com.punsoftware.mixer < 1MB) and no big time (bigger than other, only normal), sliders very short), big (half) disc picture. Need same simpler software with bigger display and bigger sliders without disc picture.

Thanks!

I think you're trying to find some 2020 application with a long list of custom requirements that does not exist, and fit that into a 2015 phone.

The dancers music only available in pendrive, mp3 format. Now plug in to my phone and playing with jack or bluetooth.
    You want to plug some USB flash drives through a phone's bluetooth or jack, and mix music through that?I don't think that's possible.

Solution: tell the dancers to burn some audio CDs, and you play that on your CD players.

"You want to plug some USB flash drives through a phone's bluetooth or jack, and mix music through that?I don't think that's possible."

External bluetooth receiver installed to mixer. NOT NEED "_M_I_X_ music"!!! Only play in playlist format with extra informations (big time, big progress bar, etc.).
    Earlier show-dancers in swinger club writed CD for me... not good option. Writed maximum speed (52x), player skipped 10-30 frames/seconds, quality very bad. I'm writed all CD 4x (max 8x if 4x not available in media).

Not find 2020 app, find app in last 5-10 years... this "Party Mixer" backward compatibile 2.3. Not need new!!! Need old, good, but i not find.

No technical upgrade! My older GSM phone used more than 12 years... this droid phone used now in 3 years... changed +5 years! Mainly phone use, less working (audio, DJ, etc.). My phone not fetish, fashion, only phone, or SOS DJ player. :-)

I am not sure if I understand this properly.

You want to BLUETOOTH from your PHONE to your RECEIVER with your MIXER in between, using someone else's music that is coming out of a USB DRIVE, because they don't know how to buy music or how to burn a CD?

Sounds like if you have a diesel car, and you want the car to run on water because others are asking you to run it on water.

If you want a program to make a list of music in sequential order, with the bar time on display, with the ability to plug a USB drive on it, take a computer and use iTunes.
    Last edited by Manu; 08-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.

No.

This is my problem the music source.
    The forum thread only: NEED NOT COMPLICATED DJ SOFTWARE TO ANDROID PHONE!!!

All other information accessory.

1. I'm used only analog technic (CD+Mixer), not laptop, etc.
    2. SOS solution: played MP3 files in phone. (Not a topic wired or wireless connection to mixer.)
    3. Need player software, more than function in normal players, less than function in modern DJ softwares.

You not answer my question. Let's give the floor to someone else.
    Not searching alternatiives (change phone, use laptop, etc.), searching SOFTWARE!!! Not alternatives, only software.

more than function in normal players, less than function in modern DJ softwares.

NO (or yes) pitch
    -NO EQ

All other function (EQ etc.)

Ok I'm lost just with the contradictions, you want a big play button and CUE (with LED for some reason), a virtual wheel and a big time window that is DJ but not DJ, and bluetooth that wired to the bluetooth receiver through the mixer, and you need to plug the dancers USB drives somewhere in there. I'll give the floor to someone else.

Something like Mx player or VLC?

Doing usb over android via OTG is possible.

But your usage is quite specific, it will just be a question of trying out apps till you find on that suits.
    And I realise that Hungarian is a very different language than English, that I certainly couldn't begin comprehend, but your question needs to be made clearly for us to help.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I was thinking of VLC, that's just the go to player. But it's a basic basic player, nothing related to DJing. I use it to play movies on my phone

You don't get a jog wheel or big buttons attached.

5char
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I'm used MX Player to videos, Player Pro to albums, TC Media Player to playlists and m3u webradios.

Player available / Player need
    All player display time only miniature. / "-YES: Big time display (remain, elapsed, playlist total - selectable)"

All player buttons small and after started, not available start position (CUE) (only song start). / "-YES: Big play/pause and cue button (with LEDs)" (LEDs only extra, unimportant)

Two player stopped only song by song (Player Pro, DUB player). / "-YES: Single/continous button (stopped every song end or play track by track)"

All player progress bar standard slim line with ball. Not blinking, not changed color last 30 sec. / "-YES: Bold progress bar with last 30s+15s blinked line"

All player not available milisec, only sec and CUE not available. / "-YES: Linear (not rotated) JOG to search cue position (or FW-RW buttons to seeking cue)"

All player 2 tab used. 1 to playlist, 1 to play. DUB player editing playlist = program crash, Player Pro create playlist with selecting file and edit new playlist to order (2x working one file). / "-YES: Easy playlist creation and sort editing drag and drop"

DJ players 99,9% only landscape / -YES: Portrait mode support

---------------------------------------

DJ player available / DJ player need

Mini time display, no calculated playlist total / "-YES: Big time display (remain, elapsed, playlist total - selectable)"

One finger sized Play, Cue buttons / "-YES: Big play/pause and cue button (with LEDs)" (LEDs only extra, unimportant)

Not available Single/Continous button... played only 1 file or automatic FADE to next, not played WITHOUT automatic crossfade 9/10 DJ player, and play end, ejected song / "-YES: Single/continous button (stopped every song end or play track by track)"

Not available progress bar, only mini emulated vinyl (and waveform) / "-YES: Bold progress bar with last 30s+15s blinked line"

No progress bar, no normal "linear" search. / "-YES: Linear (not rotated) JOG to search cue position (or FW-RW buttons to seeking cue)"

Create playlist half programs not edited, sorted easy drag and drop, only complicated / "-YES: Easy playlist creation and sort editing drag and drop"

All player landscape with unusable vinyl picture / -YES: Portrait mode support

Ok, clear all!

What is a software?...

Big remaining time display (30+ font size or margins to margins size)
    Big Play/Pause and STOP (back to song start) button
    Fat progress bar (last 30s blinking)
    Half display earlier controls, half display NOT ALBUM PICTURE, only playlist.
    Playlist editing: still playlist and roll up file browser and drag and drop files.

Extra (not need, only extra) LED type stereo VU meter.

Exist?