Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile DJ just starting out and need some advice

DJing, like most other professions, there will always be some priced higher than you, and other lower.
    Also similar to other professions, when starting out, you'll typically get less than the "going" rate.
    What I used to do when starting out, was call the competition (posing as a prospective client) to get a feel for what going rate was in my area (for various events).

Quote Originally Posted by djronh1 View Post
    DJing, like most other professions, there will always be some priced higher than you, and other lower.
    Also similar to other professions, when starting out, you'll typically get less than the "going" rate.
    What I used to do when starting out, was call the competition (posing as a prospective client) to get a feel for what going rate was in my area (for various events).
    I agree, you probably need to be guided by the rates in your area and start from there.

So many things to consider here. How much did you spend on equipment for example? If I bring £6500 worth of equipment it will cost more than the guy who turns up with speakers he bought for £200. What type of event and how far is it? So many variables in this industry.
    Fizz and Groove All day wedding DJ