Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one of my youtube video hits ! million views!

Another one of my youtube video hits ! million views!

Another one of my youtube mixes hits a million views! This one is a Roberto Carlos Spanish Megamix. So i guess the first one wasn't dumb luck.
    Last edited by Panotaker; 08-03-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Congratulations
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Unaware of this artist or style of music really.
    But there's obviously millions that are into it.
    Good work oldtimer, you're doing better than most trendy DJs.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Unaware of this artist or style of music really.
    He's known as the King of Latin Music.
    He's sold over 80 million albums around the world.

He's basically the Julio Iglesias of Brazil.
    Both are former soccer players who became their nation's most popular singers. (Julio Iglesias = Spain)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I have done medley mixes of most famous Spanish and English artist, I just need to put them on youtube. This particular mix has been up on youtube for 3 years and only had a couple of thousand plays. Then 3 months ago, I started getting lots of comments. I don't know what happen, it's like somebody threw a switch at you tube because in the last 3 months, is when it went from 2000 plays, to over a million. Most of the listeners are from Mexico and South America. There are tons of medleys on youtube, but they are not beat mixed or arranged correctly. They just fade in and out between songs. I take my time and beat mix the songs in Ableton, and make sure they are arranged correctly so they sound good. Eventually the word gets out, and the views start pouring in. I keep telling DJ's that they are wasting their time doing Facebook Live streaming. If you want to get listeners, get on youtube, that is where the listeners are. Put up flawless mixes of popular songs and you can get millions of views too. And learn how to use Abelton to mix, it will make you a better DJ. I need to sit down and do more Ableton tutorials.

Covid butterfly effect. People went home and started listening to more of their favourites, then your mix landed in people's recommendations. "Roberto Carlos Megamix" is simple and to the point. The comments look like you scored big in Brazil.

You're right about DJs on social media. I never listened to a single one, it's mostly a bunch of attention begging amateurs with the visual appeal similar to watching paint dry, and the sound quality of a phone.

Anyway, congrats, you certainly have a way to find an audience.

Just as another question kind sir. I am curious to know if you have anything else in the oven, that might just please your South American audience. Obviously, you touched a million hearts there. The only way is up

Yeah, I have a whole bunch of Spanish Artist Medleys over on my House-Mixes page, I just have to turn them in to videos and upload them to youtube. Here is a list of some of the single Spanish artist medleys that I have done. The Jose Jose Medley, The Vicki Carr Medley, The Rocio Durcal Medley, The Julio Iglesias Medley, The Eydie Gorme Y Los Panchos Medley, The Juan Gabriel Medley, The Tamara Medley, The Luis Miguel Medley, The Camilo Sesto Medley, The Andrea Bocelli Medley (The best mix I ever came up with in my opinion, in English or Spanish), And a few Salsa And Tejano Medleys. I just need to take the time to turn them into video before I drop dead.

Do that Julio, they're going to go mad for that...?

The mix hit 2 million today!