Thread: New iOS controller for Traktor (and other MIDI enabled apps)

New iOS controller for Traktor (and other MIDI enabled apps)

Hello. 1st post. Shameless promotion.

I just went through the aggro of getting the controller I use on the appstore - been saying i'd do it for ages but it's amazing what a worldwide pandemic and being commanded to stay at home can do for your productivity...

https://passcodelimited.com/software...oller-for-ios/

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pogo-dj/id1522918302

It's free, works on anything running iOS13 or better and, for the moment has tightest integration to Traktor Pro 3. With a big ipad, i'd say it's all you need, on an iphone se, it's more like a remote control for a very ****** mixing scenario. I've used various versions of it for ages - and happily using this version weekly for a local music venue that's streaming shows - https://www.mixcloud.com/StuartBoldt/

I need some other traktor users to kick the tires a bit and tell me what it needs to make it more universal - set-up is very easy on mac, slightly less so on pc but still totally do-able. Happy to help anyone out that's having trouble - contact me here or via the wesbite above.

Afternoon DJForums - wondering if anyone had any feedback - good, bad or indifferent - I only ask because I notice a few peeps downloading it (literally from all over the world which is nice) and whilst I'm busily working on a BPM display, and a beat indicator, and a nice way of doing larger BPM changes (not gradual), someone might have had more fundamental problems like 'i can't get this piece of sh_t to work' etc.

Anyway, let me know, I can handle it, and when the BPM gizmos are ready I'll post again.

TTFN.

Hi, just a question, is that thing made on Max/Msp? (I haven't downloaded, I don't use that sort of gear)

Hi Manu - I think you could do something like thing like this in MAX/MSP - I think that is closest integrated to Ableton Live but you can make stuff standalone if you pay for a better license (? maybe, might be making that bit up).

This is just done in normal swift 5 which is the out-of-the-box language you use with apple gear. Also used a library called Audiokit which is free and amazing.

I did do something years ago that used a similar product (Liine Lemur) but the thing about that and MaxMsp is they're relatively expensive whereas this one doesn't need a license for anything so it can be free.