Thread: 20 years later, finally getting into it

20 years later, finally getting into it

Not sure if I'll become a regular around here but figured I'd post something since I've already had some help from this forum when picking out my equipment. Long story short--been a fan of various forms of House music since I was in my teens and in college I briefly lived with a friend who had turntables. I had fun playing around with them but not enough to get my own. Over the years I've made a lot of music at home but lately got a real itch to mix records so a few weeks ago I finally made the leap and got some decks and a mixer and started collecting vinyl. It's been a lot of fun and I'm hoping I stick to it.

Incidentally, on a whim I picked up a pair of control vinyl for the Serato software that came with my mixer and I'm enjoying that more than I thought I would. I quickly realized that a lot of tracks I like aren't on vinyl so it's been a great alternative. I didn't want to use a controller or CDs so it's great to be able to mix a digital file but have it feel like real vinyl. Anyway, that's about it. I've already been making some mixes so feel free to have a listen ([url] link removed[ /url]). And please excuse the somewhat vulgar name--just a joke for an old friend.
    Last edited by Manu; 07-29-2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: FAQ rule #16 on posting mixes

Welcome to DJF, Heliotropic27.

Join some discussions, and offer some opinions! You'll have the requirements to post mixes before you know it!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Hi Heliotropic27, I look forward to your mixes when you've built up the permission to post them