Thread: Properly Setting Up Mobile Equipment.

Properly Setting Up Mobile Equipment.

So This is my setup:

(2) Harbinger V2315's
    Mackie Mix 5
    DDJ-400

So right now I have XLR to TLS going from each speaker to the Mixer 5's Main Out, seems to run decently but I have NO CONTROL over the Treble/Bass on the back of the speaker this way. I also notice some sounds go into the left or right speaker and not both (stereo vs mono)
    So my question is, can I use one side of the Main Out on the Mackie 5 and plug it into the back of one of my speakers and then pair the 2 PA speakers so I can use Treble/Bass adjustments? I'd like to be able to lower the bass on these PA speakers but I can't in it's current configuration. My PA speakers allow me to link them together and I can then adjust Treble/Bass independently. Will I need a TLS splitter to do this? I'm assuming I cant just run both speakers off one side of the Main Out on the mixer? (aka run both on the L or both on the R instead of one on L one on R like i have it)

Heres a link to what the back of my speakers look like and each connection does. Also how would I go about running Mono instead of Stereo?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...?page=5#manual

Quote Originally Posted by jbinn View Post
    but I have NO CONTROL over the Treble/Bass on the back of the speaker this way.
    Nothing stopping you from setting these before you start an event. Nobody plays with the on-speaker controls during an event, they use the controls on the mixer or DJ controller.

I also notice some sounds go into the left or right speaker and not both (stereo vs mono)
    That is how Stereo is supposed to work.

So my question is, can I use one side of the Main Out on the Mackie 5 and plug it into the back of one of my speakers and then pair the 2 PA speakers so I can use Treble/Bass adjustments?
    Yes you can link the speakers together from a mono feed from the mixer but that won't change anything with regards to the on board tone controls.. you still have to set them on both speakers.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

The Mix8 would have been a better choice, more EQ capabilities across more channels and stereo instead of just 1 EQ'd mono input on the Mix 5.