Thread: Monitor speaker choice

Monitor speaker choice

Hi, currently have a pair of KRK Rokit 6g3 and thinking of upgrading.

Basically it comes down to the following speakers, I plan to have a listen if I can but it might be hard atm.
    The room is about 10m sqr and has sound proofing but the speakers would be about 60cm from the wall, this puts me off the rear bass port options slightly.
    Yamaha hs7
    Adam audio t7v
    Krk Rokit 7 gen 4

I was going to miss the krk but have heard they are superb from what the reviews are saying.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

60cm off the wall will give a rear wall reflection null centered around 140Hz. You need them either further away or close to the wall to push that null either above the speaker baffle step frequency or below where they cross over to the subs. http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/speak...-interference/
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Great article, thanks

I might be able to get them closer, hopefully I can get some peoples experiences of the speakers mentioned.

Cheers
    Mark

^^^ Not good on the 140 Hz, considering KRKs are generally flattering in the low mids.

Anyways, I have a soft spot for both Adam and Yamaha

It depends what sound you're after. The thing with the Yamahas, they are usually so flat, they do sound flat. Otherwise, if you make a mix sound good on those, it's going to translate good everywhere else. I can't speak much for the Adam, but it does look very tasty as a nearfield speaker.

I hear what you are saying but I’m trying to find out if the new KRKs are worth it as they have always been slated and rightly so. The fact that they can be tuned to the room really interests me But I’m trying to find out if people have managed to try them out and compare.