Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help about turntables

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Can't tell from remote. You need someone with knowledge to check them live. If all is good I'd go for them instead of mk7 and try to negotiate a bit on the price, though he says it's not negotiable. They look fine on the pics, but that's not all.

Don't know about the Elite. Probably a solid alternative to Pio/Rane.
    At the end, i won't buy them. They have more problems than the buyer alleged.
    Now, definitely will be new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Don't know about the Elite. Probably a solid alternative to Pio/Rane.
    Let's check it out !

You can pick up an old used Rane TT56 for good money these days. The crossfaders in those mixers are bullet proof. I've never managed to wear one out and I've used those mixers on/off for over 10+ years. The 56 is still a versitile mixer even by today's standards; it's simple enough for hardcore scratching techniques and has great FXs sends. The EQs are pretty good too. It'd do everything you need and will last years.

For decks consider Technics 1200/1210 or a used Vestax PDX 2000 (although these are getting harder and harder to find a working Vestax these days). The vestax are slightly better to scratch on (straight tonearm) and they also have the ultra pitch too.
    The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Also, I forgot to add that if you want to do a lot of scratching with a pure vinyl set up (no dvs), then just buy some battle weapons and do 99% of your practices with them. That way you are confining most of damage caused by scatching to those records, and not your singles.
    If you are looking for good battle weapons looking at anything Dirtstyle. If you are scratching over house music these skip proof records are pretty good: https://www.discogs.com/artist/103316-Scratchaholics
    The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by djkippax View Post
    You can pick up an old used Rane TT56 for good money these days.
    It could be a nice idea. Unfortunately, where i lived, it's almost impossible to get those old mixers. That's why i'm about to choose one from nowdays.

For decks consider Technics 1200/1210 or a used Vestax PDX 2000 (although these are getting harder and harder to find a working Vestax these days). The vestax are slightly better to scratch on (straight tonearm) and they also have the ultra pitch too.
    I tried to get old ones. Too risky in my area...
    At the end, i think i will buy some Technics MK7.

Thank you for your answer !

Also, I forgot to add that if you want to do a lot of scratching with a pure vinyl set up (no dvs), then just buy some battle weapons and do 99% of your practices with them. That way you are confining most of damage caused by scatching to those records, and not your singles.
    If you are looking for good battle weapons looking at anything Dirtstyle. If you are scratching over house music these skip proof records are pretty good: https://www.discogs.com/artist/103316-Scratchaholics
    You're right !

Which battle records will you recommend for scratching on hip hop music ?
    Some with classic sentences.

Thanks.