Thread: Help with Active PA speaker. Is one enough?

Help with Active PA speaker. Is one enough?

Hi guys I知 not a complete beginner but I知 absolutely clueless about equipment other than the DJ controller. I have recently bought an Active PA speaker(Alto TS310) and I was wondering if it is okay to use it on its own with my Traktor Kontrol S5? I usually plug an XLR into the R output of my S5 and into the input of the Speaker and it sounds great, but I知 wondering if this is incorrect and I壇 need another speaker to pair it? Or should I plug two XLR cables into the speaker as it has 2 inputs. Any advice would be much appreciated.Attachment 2041
    Last edited by Xmahan; 07-06-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmahan View Post
    Hi guys I’m not a complete beginner but I’m absolutely clueless about equipment other than the DJ controller. I have recently bought an Active PA speaker(Alto TS310) and I was wondering if it is okay to use it on its own with my Traktor Kontrol S5? I usually plug an XLR into the R output of my S5 and into the input of the Speaker and it sounds great, but I’m wondering if this is incorrect and I’d need another speaker to pair it? Or should I plug two XLR cables into the speaker as it has 2 inputs. Any advice would be much appreciated.Attachment 2041
    You don't really indicate what your use case is, but one speaker will work. You need to drop both channels into it.

I regularly just use a top and sub for different situations. Easier to transport, and still provides enough sound depending on the venue, and attendance.

I usually plug an XLR into the R output of my S5 and into the input of the Speaker and it sounds great, but I’m wondering if this is incorrect
    Your speaker is designed to run both channels (left & right) when running only one speaker.
    Integrated 2-channel mixer with dual XLR 1/4-inch combo mic/line inputs, independent level controls, XLR Link output, Contour EQ switch and Ground-Lift switch
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Okay thanks a lot guys. Just wondering would I be better off leaving my main level on 0 and using the speaker to control volume or using my controller to adjust the volume? Just asking because I blew my speaker tweeter last week😐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks a lot guys. Just wondering would I be better off leaving my main level on 0 and using the speaker to control volume or using my controller to adjust the volume? Just asking because I blew my speaker tweeter last week��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always control volume at the controller, I only adjust the speakers when I am setting up and checking the sound.