Thread: Streaming audio need help please.

Streaming audio need help please.

Hi all, I am looking for some help regarding streaming live on Facebook/Mixcloud etc.

I am new to the DJ world and bought a Numark NV Controller.

My problem is I have no idea what I'm doing in the setup to stream live to Facebook. I can get live video through Facebook but no sound.

I've checked around youtube etc but can't seem to fix my sound issue, so I'm hoping I can get some advice/help here.

I'll list my setup below.

Numark NV Controller
    Bose 321 sound system
    Asus Vivobook whicj only has 1 input for headphones or mic.

Someone told me I needed a soundcard so I bought a Sabrent USB audio stereo sound adapter, but still I have no sound on live stream.

I have the master aux cable going from back of controller to bose 321 aux input
    I have booth going to my Asus
    I'm using OBS.

I've reset all sound settings on my asus too.

Please help me, I'm stressing out.

Thankyou

So I messed around with some settings on my laptop, got sound coming through on live stream but it sounds tinny like it's coming through my laptop mic.

Can anyone tell me how to set up audio properly.

TIA.

Doing this all on one computer is going to be a challenge due to how Windows handles sound interfaces - typically one app uses audio at a time. Since you want to have at least two apps using audio, this will be interesting. Keep in mind that I'm going from a general basis as I do not have expertise with OBS.

First, make sure that the NV's outputs work. If you can hear audio through the NV's outputs - you know that that is working correctly.

Second, make sure that your Sabrent sound interface works by itself. (I'd use Audacity for this test, but you can use OBS.) Assuming it works correctly, I'd suggest plugging the outputs of your NV to the inputs of your Sabrent.

Last, I'd configure OBS to use the Sabrent. If the first two tests work, then OBS should be able to take the inputs from the Sabrent.

As a bonus, you could skip the output of the NV and input of the Sabrent by using a virtual loopback device like this: https://www.nerds.de/en/loopbeaudio.html. That way you minimize latency by keeping the sound signal in the digital domain across apps.

At the end, this is not something easy to do on one computer. I'd suggest using two computers (one for DJing, other for streaming) for ease of use. Of course, YMMV.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

^^^^

Yeah Pete has suggested that approach in many other threads below. It's easy enough to find a cheap, second laptop that will handle the streaming. I was given one for free a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your replies guys, It appeared to be OBS I had set up wrong.
    I think Ive got it streaming ok but sound not the best quality.
    Ive taken pics of my OBS setup to help me remember settings.

Absoloutly right a seperate computer would be so much easier as I use this one for general use too.

https://youtu.be/BvDL3Cfvdnc

Quote Originally Posted by Gigitty View Post
    I think Ive got it streaming ok but sound not the best quality.
    We're going back a ways, but I recall lowering video resolution so that I could increase quality of sound. It's a tradeoff - especially if you're on one computer.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    We're going back a ways, but I recall lowering video resolution so that I could increase quality of sound. It's a tradeoff - especially if you're on one computer.
    I'll give that a try, thanks