Thread: Connecting technics 1200 for dvs

Connecting technics 1200 for dvs

Hi, I’m looking for the following setup but for the life of me can’t figure out what I’m missing or need to do. I have the following: a technics 1200, numark mixtrac pro 3 controller, a Lenovo laptop, a Pyle pp999 turntable preamp, behringer uca 222 u control. My ideal setup would be mixing using Serato via the numark controller while being able to use the single turntable to scratch and/or listen to my vinyl. The thing is I cannot connect the turntable to the laptop yet. Any guidance on how this all should be connected? Obviously I will purchase the scratch live but wanted to get the turntable connected to the laptop/Serato first so as to simply hopefully purchase and just start to scratching. But what should the setup look like? Also I’m a bedroom dj so not looking to spend a lot thus the basic interface and preamp I mentioned. Thanks!

Not possible with the equipment you have.

You might want to get yourself acquainted with the specifics regarding Serato, and what are the actual gear requirements. What you are trying to do is to fit a round peg in a square hole.

However, there is a possible scenario to use the existing gear in the desired way (sort of), but it's very unusual and inconvenient, so I'd suggest getting something else that is proper for the task.
    The mentioned scenario is basically to run a non-Serato dvs on your iphone/ipad, raspi or even another laptop if you have, run Serato or other software with the Numark on the Lenovo and mix both through a small mixer.

Ok so I’m reading it’s possible but I SHOULD be buying different equipment, that being the audio interface for Serato scratch live? Thanks all. If I just wanted to connect the turntable to my laptop however should I be able to do it with the equipment I have?

Looking at it, you can't really connect up the record player to your laptop and mix it controlling through your controller.

You could do something really janky, like connecting the controller and mixing with that, then having the record player go through your preamp to the soundcard to the laptop.
    But then Serato won't see that soundcard (its a very locked down system) and you won't be able to control the level of the record player for mixing with your music that you are controlling with the Numark in Serato. Unless you have some other software sound mixer on the laptop to take the output from the Numark and blend it with the other soundcard doing records, but you'd have to control it in the computer. But its scratching and mixing in software without a physical fader....not nice.

A Dj mixer could kinda solve this. You could be mixing on the Mixtrack, output it to the another DJ mixer. On the other side have the record player, and mix between the two.

Again....janky.

The ideal situation is to have 2 turntables and Serato Scratch Live with a DJ mixer. That way you can use records with digital tracks.

I think you need to go back to the drawing board and think about what you really want to do, what are the strong/weak points of the equipment you have, and asses your budget.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix