Thread: Wireless dmx with splitter

Wireless dmx with splitter

Ok onto bigger and better things. Anyone out there using wireless dmx? I am thinking on it, but my best use for it would be between my controller and my splitter. My lights and splitter is up in the truss. So i think it best to use wireless between the controller and splitter. My splitter has 4 out to each side of my 4-way truss. Only 10 lights on each side.
    Good idea or bad??

Quote Originally Posted by Darman View Post
    Anyone out there using wireless dmx? I am thinking on it, but my best use for it would be between my controller and my splitter.
    Good idea or bad??
    That is a good idea but you're not using the tech to it's full advantage, wireless dmx can also function as a splitter so you could easily split up your light show by simply adding more receivers. The largest show I have done included 28 separate wireless fixtures and receivers spread out around a temporary roller skating arena, and I have also done a few others that involved running 2 separate DMX controllers on different wireless channels at the same time. Here is a pic of the roller skating event.

Last edited by conanski; 06-12-2020 at 06:41 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

I just really want to eliminate the dmx cable from my controller to my truss system where the splitter and lights are. Not wanting to purchase a bunch of wireless devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman View Post
    I just really want to eliminate the dmx cable from my controller to my truss system where the splitter and lights are. Not wanting to purchase a bunch of wireless devices.
    Yeah that will work fine, I'm just trying to show how you will have more setup option available to you once you have wireless capability. I have used my system with a hardware splitter too, the wireless receiver was plugged right into it and a bunch of fixtures were hard wired to all of splitters outputs. The fixtures and the splitter were on the opposite side of the room from the controller and it worked great.
    Last edited by conanski; 06-12-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Thank you much.