Thread: Beatport & Trax Source: Pro's and Con's please?

Beatport & Trax Source: Pro's and Con's please?

Guys & Girls,

Im unsure whether to purchase tracks from either BeatPort or Traxsource....

Can any of you please give me some general feedback with any pro's and con's for either platform?

Thank you, Newbie

If you find the same tracks on both, there's really no difference. You pay, you get the track and that's basically it.
    It's more about what kind of music they offer. BeatPort has a wider range of music, basicallly everything in dance and electronic music. Traxsource is a bit more specialized in house music only, but you get plenty of variety in that whole genre.

I prefer Traxsource as i find it much easier to use and it caters to the type of music im into, not that i have a specific type, it just has the kind of sounds i like i guess... i may be speaking completely out of turn but ive always found Beatport to be a lot more commercial when it comes to dance music, and its genres are completely screwed up (although better than what they were).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

What kind of music are you looking for? While there are many similarities between the two, genre has always impacted which site I use.

And hey, why not sign up to both? When you get sick of the colour scheme on one site, you can just flip to the next one!

why not both?

Sorry to bump this old thread, but where do you all buy your music from ?

To be honest im just a bedroom Dj and [edit] still need to learn about buying music [/edit] But lurking around to get my first gig now. And i know when play in Clubs we should have better quality on the music files.

Edited for your benefit. Playing rips is techncially talking about piracy and puts the owners of this site at risk.
    moderator - pete
    Last edited by pete; 07-24-2022 at 05:51 AM.

had to politely edit your post. buy songs online from wherever yoou can find them.
    otherwise buy cheap CDs.
    Or if you are a glutton for punishment, get a vinyl habit.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

If playing house music use Beatport LINK. It gives you access to everything on beatport. Once you play with the tracks you can buy them and begin building your music collection.
    Confidence, and hard work is the key to success in anything. Lost track of battle record
    http://www.soundcloud.com/djarmanicee