Thread: Hello from the UK!

Hello from the UK!

Hello everyone!!

A new member here, my name is Brett aka gascan1986. I won't bore you with my life story, just want to say I'm interested in getting some feedback for my mixes that I've posted on Youtube. If I've understood right, the rules are I'm not allowed to put up links yet?!

Well even though I first started mixing 7-8 years ago, I actually have only mixed for like 2 and a half to 3 years in total. I would still class myself as a bedroom DJ, beginner/amateur.. I like mixing mainly Drum & Bass, old skool 90s dnb and newer reggae type dnb. I've also got a passion for late 90s UK Garage...

I grew up in the 90s listening to all the old rave tape packs in the UK like helter skelter, dreamscape, one nation.. and then around 99-2000 I was mad for the UK Garage scene. I've already mixed most of the 90s music I used to listen to so I would like to move on to some more modern stuff. I would really like to get into some more rave type 00s DNB maybe even some modern liquid dnb at some point..

Anyway that will do for now... thanks gascan1986

Welcome, and thanks for taking the time to read the rules.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Thanks for welcoming me Pete!! I don't mean to be demanding seen as I've only just registered here but it would be great if someone could make a list of the best DnB tracks from 2000-2009! Has someone already done this?? It would really help me out. I googled it but couldn't really find what I was looking for.. If not then I guess I'll just have to do it the hard way and listen to 100s of mixes!! Okay thanks a lot, gascan1986