Thread: DDJ-200 Cue leaks,audio splitting problem

DDJ-200 Cue leaks,audio splitting problem

Hi there,

I've always wanted to be involved in music so I recently got a DDJ-200 and Ive been using it with rekordbox software on my laptop. I've had the same issue a lot of people having. With the usage of splitter cable provided splitting a gear4 speaker and headphones, the audio from headphones leak into master output while cueing. In fact master button on the controller is completely useless since the audio is coming from both headphones and speakers regardless. When the volume fader is at the lowest and the cue is on, sound leaks into headphones/speakers, same applies for the crossfader, deck 2 leaks audio when the crossfader is maxed on deck 1.

Here are the audio settings on rekordbox,

https://imgur.com/a/8mp4EkS

https://imgur.com/a/KsLuoqP

I have looked up various threads on various forums but none seem to find solution for this problem.I've come to conclude that its not splitter cable problem but rather the sound driver problem. It is unfortunate that DDJ-200 doesn't have its own software/drivers. My laptop's own driver is Realtek High Definition Audio. I've found a temporary solution which lasted for few days. I have uninstalled the driver and installed an already existing alternative driver model which is called ''High Definition Audio Device''. This solution came to an end when the sound started to not go through my headphones/speakers so I had to go back to the original driver. I've tried many solutions presented on pioneer's website such as setting the outputs manually (didn't work since that required me to disable mono-splitter) or disabling system effects configuration on enhancements tab on sound properties (since this driver does not provide the enhancements tab). I even created the same post yesterday on pioneer's forum which I got a reply of ''like you said its a problem in which your laptop is not isolating L and R, check your windows sound settings'' (not very helpful, I already knew that, I wouldn't go on to mess with the drivers If I didn't try that already). I am wondering if there is a solution in which I don't need to buy a sound card or change laptops for this. Hopefully someone could bring a solution to this Thanks!

For extra info my laptop is hp OMEN 15-dc0029na and software is rekordbox 6.0.1
    Last edited by DTK_Bliss; 05-27-2020 at 02:59 AM. Reason: images did not work