Thread: DDJ 400 Master Output Issue

DDJ 400 Master Output Issue

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and got back into Djing recently after 5 years I have bought myself a DDJ400 to get me back up to scratch for the time being. I have also got myself Vonyx SL6 Disco speakers x2 and I'm having trouble getting the sound out loud enough through them. Am I doing something wrong I have done usual checks master is up and trim etc. I can hear sound just not loud enough do I need something else to get the sound out alot higher ie amplifier? If so what would you recommend I use. I have audio set to DDJ-400 WASAPI in the settings interface also is this correct.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    JJ

I think your speakers need an amplifier. If they look like this then they certainly do:

How have you connected to the terminals from your mixer? With which kind of cable?
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hi Pete

Yeah very much similar to the picture apart from the connectors but Im using the 6mm jack connectors on the speakers anyway. I have attached a picture of how i have set it up with the wires etc. its weird how i am getting sound but not just loud enough hence why i thought i need an amplifier to amplify the sound obviously. Can i ask if you know of any budget but decent enough for my set up amps that i could buy to get up and running?

Thanks JJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, these need an amp. Try Thomann https://www.thomann.de

Do you have any amp or receiver at home?